Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Throbbin' Tool on Cruel and Unusual

So....a couple of us are chillin early on saturday around the new trail. Watching everyone checkin it out. Near the top is an off camber wood berm that drops to dirt, maybe 16 inches out. Couple comes down the trail and she's walkin the bike next to wood on the downhill side. Mr Member starts yellin, "what are you doin'?...get outta the way!" and slows and tries to stop before the "drop". He ends up sliding off the wood and landing on top of his gal and her bike. At first, I found it to be a little humorous, it was apparent immediately nobody was seriously hurt. Then comes the tirade, f-bomb this and that, dumb beetch and so on for a couple minutes. I haven't heard anyone ever talk to their partner that way. Sounds like she's sobbing as they push their bikes back up and onto an easier trail. So my question is.... who's really the dumb beetch? The Tool, for takin' his gal on a trail that's to hard for him or the girl, cause she's with him?

Oh, So Interesting!
    I saw some tire marks sliding off the wood ramp on Sunday.

Mt biking is not always a good couples activity, lol. Hopefully she's smart and dumps his dumb a$$, one more single female mt biker

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Did I look right at you on Sun and not say "hi"? I was kinda out of it on Sun, I apologize!

~~~~~~~~
    nobody got this on their helmet cam?

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro View Post
    Did I look right at you on Sun and not say "hi"? I was kinda out of it on Sun, I apologize!
    Now that you mention it, I think I did see you at the bottom of Be All but I didn't recognize you at the time. I'll probably be up there Fri/Sat next week, I'll pm you my #.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    unfortunately there are lot of A-holes on the mtn.. my GF got yelled out because she hesitated on a trail (because it was new and not the same as last year) and a couple of ****** bags decided to tell her she shouldn't be on the trail... it would be nice if people could be a little more considerate and realize just because they lost their flow for a minute, its no the end of the world..

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I guess it's buggin me cause I didn't say anything. I know domestic squabbles can get heated and I generally try to mind me own biz. Just felt bad for the girl.......she didn't do nothin wrong.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    nobody got this on their helmet cam?
    Actually a camera was in the area!

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    What a dumbass, he was prolly trying to show his gal his one and only skill.

Domestic abuse or squabbles isn't something to take lightly. Speaking up against it tends to raise the tension. Making it known that your are observing the situation will embarrass the aggressor most times and defuses the anger.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Sounds like a 2 pump chump with a case of pelvic Napoleon complex.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis C View Post
    ...Domestic abuse or squabbles isn't something to take lightly. Speaking up against it tends to raise the tension. Making it known that your are observing the situation will embarrass the aggressor most times and defuses the anger.
    Hopefully she was just keeping it together long enough to get her ride home, then she'll dump the d-bag.

But sadly we all know there are lots of cases where that's the way the relationship works. That crap doesn't just happen in the trailer parks.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

banned
    trestle = dootchbag magnet

i <3 trestle for this

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro View Post
    Actually a camera was in the area!
    "Video" camera? If you have footage, you should post. This way, we'll all know how/who to rag on when we see those colors again. I'm thinking he'll be so embarrassed w/ a few heckles from the usuals that he won't be back to Trestle for the year...which prob wouldn't be a bad thing, yeah?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Unfortunately its possible they are co-dependent and she might stay with him.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaySexChicken View Post
    If that were true Trestle would be your permanent home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Hopefully she was just keeping it together long enough to get her ride home, then she'll dump the d-bag.
    Hopefully she was driving and left his a$$ in the parking lot to find his own way home.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

banned
    davecretin, always with tha lulz

enjoi the trestle, davecretin

Recovering
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    unfortunately there are lot of A-holes on the mtn.. my GF got yelled out because she hesitated on a trail and a couple of ****** bags decided to tell her she shouldn't be on the trail...
    I bet she ruined their Strava KOM attempt...

Sorry to hear that- the last thing DH needs is less women on the mountain...
    Last edited by jbogner; 06-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post

i <3 trestle for this
    I fully agree, thanks Trestle for keeping them out of Keystone and Vail!

Sure they don't do as much maintenance, but I'll ride a trail with braking bumps (oh nooozzz! it's not like I have 8" of travel) vs. one full of "bad arses" any day.

~~~~~~~~
    Double black diamond reality check. I keep hoping that Trestles will provide the kind of trails I desire, but I understand the reality of the situation and this post confirms it. Can the patrol keep up with the carnage?

banned
    for tha lulz, i rode the lifts at quichestone once in 2002

the only other lift served day i did was at snowass the first year they allowed it and it was free

i can't rightfully rag on something without having experienced it

Living the High Life
    Of course you can, this is The Internet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i mountain bike with my wife, dh and other, and the number 1 rule i've learned is that you never undersell the difficulty of a trail when describing to her what she will encounter on the trail.
    i rode cruel and unusual this weekend, and found it to be just that. a sign with the word "GAP" placed before one rather large blind gap jump would have been nice, but i'm still alive. will have to work on flow and maintaining speed to make the trail work the way its supposed to be, which is why i guess it's a double black diamond, not so much the high consequence double blacks like other parks have.

Living the High Life
    Yeah, you rode a double black trial for the 1st time and didn't stop to check out blind corners...

mtbr member
    for tha lulz, i rode the lifts at quichestone once in 2002

the only other lift served day i did was at snowass the first year they allowed it and it was free

10 years ago? Nothing more recent? You do know DH is prob one of the fastest growing segment of mountain biking, along w/ AM...and things have changed incredibly since '02?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast