Stand back

Thrillseeker gets a big brother

Ain't they cute? I just realized by time I'm done, almost my whole fleet is gonna look the same - black. Kinda like I'm the secret service riding bikes. Oh well, at least my roadbike still has some bright yella to keep the 80's snowboarder in me happy...

And for anyone looking to buy a Steelhead, if yer looking at used, it'd better be a great deal, b/c I picked this xl up new at Mojo for $160.95 out the door. Almost got it for $1.60, too. He rang it up, and I signed the receipt before he noticed. Dam it! But the guy (Bob) is pretty cool, I'll definitely give them more business. As soon as I sell some more parts...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Ain't they cute? I just realized by time I'm done, almost my whole fleet is gonna look the same - black..
    I know what you mean, I had the whole stealth/ninja black bikes thing going on for awhile, but you gotta admit, nothing like a classic black ride built up right.

And for anyone looking to buy a Steelhead, if yer looking at used, it'd better be a great deal, b/c I picked this xl up new at Mojo for $160.95 out the door.
    Awesome.

But the guy (Bob) is pretty cool, I'll definitely give them more business.
    Bob is cool. Bought some pedals from him yesterday.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

eci
    nice ride, glad to hear your movin ahead with the new bikes

Card Carrying Member
    What size tire can you fit in the back of that thing?

Nice!

Stand back

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    What size tire can you fit in the back of that thing?

Nice!
    Not sure how big, but bigger than I have lying around, apparently. The tire I have on there now is a Mutanoraptor 2.24, and it's got plenty of room left over. Here's a couple shots of the stays - interesting how both sides of the driveside stay are squished to make room.
    Golden Bike Park

locked - time out
    Very sexy - I'm getting giddy just looking at it. How much longer until you're able to ride it?

Cynical Bystander
    Looking good! is it pretty much gonna have the parts that you had on your other bike?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Stand back

still working on specs

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Looking good! is it pretty much gonna have the parts that you had on your other bike?

I was all set to build it up ss, and then I started thinking about pushing that gear (whatever it ends up being) and how it's probably better if I can keep it pedalling easy for awhile, so I had to backtrack. It's going to be pretty much the same build as my SB now (minus the front der/ shifter), but that'll change when the 7 Point arrives. I'll probly end up robbing the bars/ controls/ stem/ brakes/ der off of it.

I went to my first session of PT yesterday and rode the stationary bike, so I guess technically I can take a spin around the neighborhood, too. I probably won't be able to really ride it until late Feb or March sometime tho.
    Golden Bike Park

Stand back

99% done

Just needs a seatpost clamp. I may rob one off my wife's roadbike...
    Golden Bike Park

Cynical Bystander
    Just needs a seatpost clamp. I may rob one off my wife's roadbike...
    The bike looks sweet!!! You gona be ready to hit up Palmer on it soon?

That dog is so cool.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

locked - time out
    That dog is so cool.
    I was thinking the same thing - the bike is sweet too. I might have its' not so distant cousin very shortly here if things work out.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I was thinking the same thing - the bike is sweet too. I might have its' not so distant cousin very shortly here if things work out.
    Did my information prove useful to you josh? Hopefully it did. I know he (brady) was talking about picking up a new bike today so I'm sure that he'd be happy to sell his old one as soon as possible.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back

You're getting a bassett hound?

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack

I got to take a spin around the block on it. I need miles of seatpost showing in order to get anywhere near full extension, but it feels pretty natural. I really like not having a front derailleur, for now anyway. The first trail ride might have me crying for my mommy, or maybe carrying a smaller front cog w/ me.
    It was killing me not to see how it wheelies or bunnyhops. Gonna have to give it another month or three b4 I start getting crazy and ride it how it's meant to be ridden.
    Golden Bike Park

Cynical Bystander
    I got to take a spin around the block on it. I need miles of seatpost showing in order to get anywhere near full extension, but it feels pretty natural. I really like not having a front derailleur, for now anyway. The first trail ride might have me crying for my mommy, or maybe carrying a smaller front cog w/ me.
    It was killing me not to see how it wheelies or bunnyhops. Gonna have to give it another month or three b4 I start getting crazy and ride it how it's meant to be ridden.
    Don't worry. If you come down I'll be riding my fully rigid soul cycles.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back

tough guy

Don't worry. If you come down I'll be riding my fully rigid soul cycles.
    that might be a little abusive. Sure you wouldn't rather ride the AC? Did that deal go thru? Is a Super T on it's way for the V10?

And that dog (Ginger) may look cute, but she's high maintenance...
    Golden Bike Park

starladear
    Feb 2004
    weeeeeeener dog. sorry i love them ..nice bike too

Cynical Bystander
    that might be a little abusive. Sure you wouldn't rather ride the AC? Did that deal go thru? Is a Super T on it's way for the V10?

And that dog (Ginger) may look cute, but she's high maintenance...
    the build I've got on the Titan I don't really want to put on the AC. Im just going to save up and make it the way I want. Looking like Race Face Deus cranks/bb, E.13 DRS, Juicy5s or avid mechs, not sure about rear wheel, I've already got an Atomlab front wheel, already have XTR ders, XT/LX shifters, FUNN stem, Kore bars, Mobster/IRC Kujo tires. So pretty much I've got it half built already.

I'm still trying to make the final decision to go for that sweet 02 or to go for my friend's 04 thats a bit more but his includes integrated stem and hussefelt bars as well. The stupid money order hasn't come yet, hopefully monday, if it comes then I'm hoping to have a fork by the end of the week.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back
    the build I've got on the Titan I don't really want to put on the AC. Im just going to save up and make it the way I want. Looking like Race Face Deus cranks/bb, E.13 DRS, Juicy5s or avid mechs, not sure about rear wheel, I've already got an Atomlab front wheel, already have XTR ders, XT/LX shifters, FUNN stem, Kore bars, Mobster/IRC Kujo tires. So pretty much I've got it half built already.

I'm still trying to make the final decision to go for that sweet 02 or to go for my friend's 04 thats a bit more but his includes integrated stem and hussefelt bars as well. The stupid money order hasn't come yet, hopefully monday, if it comes then I'm hoping to have a fork by the end of the week.
    I think I'd go cheaper on the cranks and put that dough towards a better fork - I think a Pike would be sweet for that bike, and they're not too spendy. You can get decent deals on old style LX cranks - mine have been bulletproof for me, with a good 4 years worth of beatings, for cheap.
    Lucky for me, I had an old bb that just happened to be the right width for the Steelhead lying around, so I can continue the abuse. Aahhh, wish I could try it out. Those ride shots from MW are killing me...
    Golden Bike Park