Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

For those of you that I have not returned phone calls/PMs...

849 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Bicycle019 
#1 ·
My day to day activities have inadvertently gotten a bit on the busy side as of late. My daughter just wrapped up cookie sales with the Girl Scouts and it's Pinewood Derby season for my son and I'm the organizer/volunteer type person. My primary job is to get prizes donated and to tell you the truth, it ain't going so good. :rolleyes: (additional ideas are being accepted) I've also been doing some car work (tranny swapping in the beater) and teaching chess to 1-2 graders during their after lunch playtime... UGHHHH. good thing I don't have a job.

So anyways... There you have it, all my perfect excuses for riding less. I did get out to ride Hall the day before yesterday... IN SHORTS! hehe. Looks like everyone else is having a good time and I'm enjoying looking at pics since I couldn't be out there.

Might squeeze out after lunch, but I gotta get myself off this evil machine to get some things done first. :)

#4 ·
No worries there KWare as long as you don't loose your skills. From my hazy memory Derby racing was somewhat fun. Let me know when you have some free time to ride. I'm working more closing shifts lately and have the mornings free. Oh yeah new cranks and BB for the Heckler are on there way. They should be here on Mon or Tuesday. I can't wait.

#8 ·
ibmkidIII said:
I got a box in my freezer from last year....I was testing my own will power...not too shabby :D
May be time I tear into them.
If you really want to test your will power then you should bring the frozen thin mints to a group ride and watch the rest of us devour your thin mints while you watch....Now that is will power... ;)

#9 ·
Jdub said:
If you really want to test your will power then you should bring the frozen thin mints to a group ride and watch the rest of us devour your thin mints while you watch....Now that is will power... ;)
When I was in college my housemates and I threw a party, and thanks to someone's sister who was a Girl Scout leader we ended up not with a box of Thin Mints, but rather a CASE of Thin Mints. Unlimited beer and Thin Mints make for a very strange feeling stomach come the next day.

Ah.. The good ol' days...

#10 ·
Suuuure, you have time for all the volunteer work and working with kids but none for your friends?! I can't believe how selfish some people are....

#11 ·
make it samoas and ill let you off the hook

not that you were ever on my hook :D

i just like the samoas!

but, hey, i can understand your busy-ness. just not enough hours in a day. i used to be unemployed and now i am working full time. i dont know how anyone gets anything done working full time!! im just thankful i can take a long lunch, ride and shower at work, and then just stay a little late. very blessed!

now back to those samoas.....

while were on the subject, how'd you come up with kitchenware?

#13 ·
I was wondering....

Why that case of Bigfoot Barleywine that I sent got returned :)

Family is good stuff, 'little ones grow up quick. Rachel'll be 15 next month, whoa!!

I've been wondering how you, Rich, and Eric have been doing, you're all a good bunch...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.