skillz to pay billz

there's something about...

...just leaving from the house. No driving, no crowds, no hype. Just nature, views and your bike. it been a long winter and these trails are slowly opening up. Here's to spring, daylight savings, and local goodness...

still some evil white stuff lingering in the trees.

looking towards eldorado canyon and denver beyond right before a nice behind-the-seat decent.

maiden voyage, local style, on the new ride.

right before taking off some layers, spring has sprung.

if you squint you can just barely make out eldora
    Last edited by nOOby; 03-26-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Perfect. Spring has sprung...enjoy the brand new season.

I left my house windows open today (much to the cat's delight and, frustration), I heard birds singing, I wore short sleeves, the sun was warm, the wind was calm.....aaaah!

Ed

Shattering Glass
    It's Boulder. Don't you know everyone here drives to the trailhead? We even drive our road bikes around on the car as if to be training it for when it grows up or something. Not very green is it? So goes the life in the hypocritical town surrounded by reality. Nice bike...

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Odd - you look nothing like your avatar. How are you liking the new ride? It looks like a fun bike.
    Now with more vitriol!

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    ...just leaving from the house. No driving, no crowds, no hype. Just nature, views and your bike. it been a long winter and these trails are slowly opening up. Here's to spring, daylight savings, and local goodness...
    Amen!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Odd - you look nothing like your avatar.
    So yesterday I'm at the Dr's. His last name is Sharky, Dr. Sharky. When he walks into the room, I say, "That's funny, you don't look anything like Burt Reynolds." He just stared at me blankly and then told me to drop my shorts...not a great way to start such a personal relationship...
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    So yesterday I'm at the Dr's. His last name is Sharky, Dr. Sharky. When he walks into the room, I say, "That's funny, you don't look anything like Burt Reynolds." He just stared at me blankly and then told me to drop my shorts...not a great way to start such a personal relationship...

Uh huh - never trust a man with a mustache.

edit: nevermind, I have no reading comprehension without caffiene.
    Now with more vitriol!

tiny rider
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Just be happy he didn't remind you of Doctor Nikolas Van Helsing (from Cannonball Run..to keep with the Burt Reynolds theme).

Any idea on Walker Ranch, though? It's been so warm and breezy that things should be melting/drying out pretty quickly this week.

skillz to pay billz
    me or ed? I'm not so much of a young toehead anymore.

the bike is great. Much more in tune for the riding I like/aspire to do(AM). Handles great, climbs great and the slack HT angle keeps me from going OTB(lol) and make everything much more fun. Still lightweight but sucks up the bumps.

DWF, you crack me up. Funny story!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Odd - you look nothing like your avatar. How are you liking the new ride? It looks like a fun bike.
    Last edited by nOOby; 03-26-2008 at 09:21 AM.

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer
    Any idea on Walker Ranch, though? It's been so warm and breezy that things should be melting/drying out pretty quickly this week.
    I rode it saturday. Things are getting better but the north facing, shady stuff still has ice/snow. Hit it early and you should be good. The stairs are clear which was a relief. Damn near killed myself a few weeks ago.

tiny rider
    Thanks. I am thinking of riding it from town, so I'll hardly make it early. Maybe it will be in shape next week.