Thread: Teva Mtn Games

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007

Teva Mtn Games

Anyone doing this June 7? (or has done it in the past)

tevamountaingames.com

I'm thinking about doing it. It would be my first race in a very very long time.

(Forgive me if we already talked about it, I haven't been on here lately)
    Last edited by jrcxu; 06-03-2008 at 08:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'll be there on my new giant xtc...racing expert. Plus my whole team should be there.
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    The freeride event looks like a fun way to break a neck, but I'll stick to DH for now.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Go hard or go home
    I'll be there...racing XC
    Best coffee ever... www.copperdoorcoffee.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Snow? and Norba license?

Anyone in the valley have a snow report-will the mountain race happen as listed on the course map?

Also, will I need to renew my license to race?

It looks like the SS racers will only do two laps--so that means I will be on my SS in the expert field, I am sure others will do the same.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't count on the current posted course as gospel. I emailed a dude yesterday, they were going to hold off till Friday to mark the course, hoping for more things to dry out.

You don't need any stinkin licensed for Teva games, it has no sanctioning. Floyd Landis proved that!

mtbr member

well

I was in Vail over the long weekend. Seems unlikely there could be much mt bike racing in the ski area this weekend. Starting to melt, but still snow all the way down to town.

Here's a shot of the Vail Pass bike trail on Monday...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Colorado
    Yeah, ^^guy is right.

Tons of snow patches littered all across the north faces and all the way down to town. I'd say the may be able to connect some low trails and some fire roads up high. I know they plowed some cat tracks down to the dirt a long time ago. They probably just have a lot of mini streams running down.

Last year the freeride deal in the Village was fun to watch, but it was pretty informal. Cool, because you can stand right there and hear Kyle Strait say **** all day long.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

bump-anyone in vail with snow updates?

Thanks-trying to figure out if it is worth heading up.

mtbr member
    Geez - I didn't realize there was still so much snow. I signed up for the XC. This should make for an interesting race on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    may be better to skip this and head to Gunnison for some sweet SINGLETRACK without snow.... Lots of good riding to be had at the Gunnison Growler this weekend!!!

mtbr member
    The new course map has been recently posted.

Dust off your cross-bike. It does look like they were able to sneak in a little singletrack.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

condition update?

I saw on the news yesterday morning that the Vail area was supposed to get 2 to 5" of snow yesterday.

Anyone up there now how much they actually got? If they got more snow/rain on top of all that they already had, I'm thinking the course is going to be in real bad shape...

mtbr member
    No snow on the web cams. The real killer is the wind. They were predicting 40 MPH gusts today, that should blow dry things a bit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Should be sick, hope the weather holds up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No snow down low yesterday..just cool with rain (upper 40s) ...Awesome weather today. The vail Pass pavement picture is misleading. The highway snowplows pile that stuff up all winter and thats way up high. Been doing plenty of rides 1500-2000 feet vert from the valley floor with just patches of snow. North sides (like the Vail ski area packed down trails) still have snow

New cousre was posted. I know they shoveled some parts out of the original course...but the rest never melted enough.

Should be fast (lots of double track) and fun.