mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Teva Mountain Games

Anyone done/doing the Teva Games this weekend?
    Does anyone know much about the course. I heard it is pretty hilly, and at the high elevation should be a good workout.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

TEVA results

I did the XC race yesterday (hungover from the night before) in the 35+ Expert/Pro category. It was a blast. Nice climby course...A bit wet in places...and I guess the 3 loops got a bit boring but all in all it was fun. Do they post the results anywhere...I cannot find them anywhere?
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    http://www.tevamountaingames.com/results.htm

I know, pretty crazy, eh? That was a tough loop!!! Esp. when the wind kicked up at the end. There was just no place to recover, as the descents were pretty tech, and you couldn't really relax. I had fun though. What a sweet weekend, and they loaded us up with stuff!!! Big fields as well. I really need to work on my start and my descending skills.

Do this race next year all!!! They put on a good event.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No doubt. The wind added to the whole experience. Good stuff all in all. I will be doing that again next year...minus the hangover and plus some food (and not the bear naked yogurt, sobe freebies they were giving out all day ;-) ) Trimess, did you race 35+ Expert/pro?
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    No, I'm only 28. I did the Expert Open race, I think that is what they were calling it. We went off right after the pro women. Were you racing at noon then, or the afternoon? I was trying to figure out all the expert divisions they had? Kind of confusing. I think there were expert races in the afternoon, did they (or you, your race right?) still do 3 laps like we did?

I need to work on my start (esp with 90 guys in the field), and my downhill skills. I could out climb most at least.

That mud at the tops of the climb kept getting worst each lap. I finally cleared it all on the 3rd lap, then my pro friend comes around me in 3rd, and I give him the better line and lay the bike down in the mud. It was kind of funny. I was just trying to have some fun, and happy he had a good race.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Smile

I see. I had a little confusion in getting registered...maybe due to the liquor induced headache and thought I was racing at 10:45 ( Expert/Pro)...then could not find out where to register. Once I found the registration booth I was too late for that race so I ended up racing in the 3:45 35+ category. We had 14 racers and I finshed in the top 6 and was happy with that. Yea we did 3 laps too. Good stuff. That single track right before the start/finish was pretty cool...a little techy. Too many people walking it tho...1 of the 3 laps me and another Expert/Pro stood around on a little berm before the bridge for about 30 seconds wating for people to move their bikes or take a nice easy stoll over the bridge to look at the little stream...pretty furstrating. That would be my biggest complaint...the lower group racers not getting out of the way (we were always sure to yell way in advance so people knew we were coming). Oh well. Yea that mud at various places definently put a little added burn in the quads. I had fun and suffered a lot. Hit the finish line with a smile on my face wanting to do it again.
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anyone know if the course is the same for 2010 as was for 2008?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yeah, my fat ass decided to try the beginner class on saturday... Gotta start somewhere! Right?
    Is the start for these races a shot gun start or do that stagger the racers?

Slopestyle Rider
    I'm doing slopestyle on Sunday

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am signed up for SS and trying to figure out gearing, it is my first SS race. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    How are the conditions looking for this year? Lots of snow still up in them hills, so I am guessing it will be a muddy race?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I would second that. I checked the ski cams and there is a lot of snow, especially around 10,000 feet. The course map stays pretty low and close to the bottom. I am going up tomorrow to pre-ride the course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    I would second that. I checked the ski cams and there is a lot of snow, especially around 10,000 feet. The course map stays pretty low and close to the bottom. I am going up tomorrow to pre-ride the course.
    Nice, can you give a conditions update after you ride the course?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Vail Mountain is in great shape. I rode the course yesterday and there is not mud at all. It is very dry, I am going to ride Ikon's. The built berms around a lot of the singletrack so the water drained away. The crews did a great job.