mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Talking with other riders

I know there have been a bunch of threads relating to rider conflicts- Apex anyone? None of them seem to have produced much as fart as I can tell. My question is has anybody actually had a talk with another ride with a positive outcome? If so how? I caught four guys today who appeared to be their very own erosion crew. They had the powerslide down to a science. Amazingly enough even with DH setups they couldn't drop my on a single speed. When we get to the trail head I mentioned in the course of conversation that it is possible to turn the bike without skidding. I got told where to go and what to do when I got there. Other than the fact I helped build some of these trail, I get the sensation of why bother. I'm not trying to flame up anything so much as wondering if there is a way that actually works for getting the message across.

thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Grayling, I applaude your attempt at educating those guys. Sounds like it was unlikely for all four of them to admit their stupidity. Hopefully it planted a seed of doubt in their minds.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Good try Gray,
    Where's a ranger with a ticket book or better yet handcuffs and paddywagon.

Old, stale, negative
    Man...you are not alone, but all I can say is yes the good fight IS worth it. It may seem like a waste at the moment but those losers time will come. Continue being a ambassador to our trails and let the chips fall where they may. We will win out with responsibilty and forsight. Blowing up and acting like a child " which seems like their reaction" will not keep us on these trails. We have to makeup for these jerks. Let's do the best we can to represent biking in a positive light. Damn I sound like a preacher. Sorry, but this **** pisses me off.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Become a volunteer patrol person and don the yellow jacket. Maybe then you'll seem to have some authority. I'd be pretty damned pissed if I had spent time on a trail crew just to see some asshats tear up my work.

There should be some penalty if you are caught skidding up the place. 10 hours on a trail crew would do wonders.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    We're considering charging park user fees to cover our maintenance costs.

mtbr member
    Man I've tried and tried again. It sucks that respect for the trail isn't what it used to be.

mtbr member
    Man...you are not alone, but all I can say is yes the good fight IS worth it. It may seem like a waste at the moment but those losers time will come. Continue being a ambassador to our trails and let the chips fall where they may. We will win out with responsibilty and forsight. Blowing up and acting like a child " which seems like their reaction" will not keep us on these trails. We have to makeup for these jerks. Let's do the best we can to represent biking in a positive light. Damn I sound like a preacher. Sorry, but this **** pisses me off.
    Bravo!

friend of Apex
    A group of guys aren't gonna admit wrong doing when hangin out together after a ride. The reaction you recieved is to be expected. Ignorance is bliss, but you gave them something to think about. Perhaps next time they wont be as stoopid.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs