mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Take a Kid Mtn Biking Day Registration Opens Sat 9/1!!

Colorado Mountain Bike Association (COMBA) and Trips for Kids invites all kids aged 6-14 to Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day on Saturday, October 6th at Bear Creek Lake Park! The event starts at 9am sharp and includes a guided bike ride for all kids based on their age and skill level, free kid bike tunes, workshops where the kids will learn basic bike skills, bike maintenance, ecology of area and rules of the trail, breakfast and lunch. The event wraps up at 1pm. Thanks to generous support from sponsors, everything at the event will be free of charge and all the kid needs to bring to the event is a bike with fat knobby tires in working condition, a helmet, sunscreen, water and a participating adult. Parents/participating adults are highly encouraged to either join the kids for the ride.
    Space is limited and registration will open on the COMBA’s website Colorado Mountain Bike Association | Build on September 1, 2012. Last year registration filled up in a few days, so plan to register early to ensure a slot.

We’re also looking for volunteer ride leaders for the event. Please email TKMBD@comba.org if you are interested in volunteering or for more info.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I belong to a big mtn. bike group (1100+). Do you mind if I send this out soliciting volunteers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yes! Please pass on the info!

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Done. I think one of them already sent an email. Good luck on a smooth event!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Build Advocate Educate

Reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by wyantn View Post
    Colorado Mountain Bike Association (COMBA) and Trips for Kids invites all kids aged 6-14 to Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day on Saturday, October 6th at Bear Creek Lake Park!

We’re also looking for volunteer ride leaders for the event. Please email TKMBD at comba.org if you are interested in volunteering or for more info.
    Registration will open tomorrow morning for the October 6th event!

Go to the website: comba.org/ride/tkmbd and there will be a webform you will need to fill out and submit.

It will fill up - so register early

See you out there!

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    I will be there leading a group!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Light freak

We are in!

Just got my two girls registered, they are so excited. They have been asking me all summer "Dad, when is that mountain biking thing that we went to last year?"

Was wondering if anybody had a GPS file of the routes and any idea of the elevation gain? I need to get them out on some 5am training rides. If you have someone with streamers on their bars behind you yelling "Strava'ing" please get out of their way

Build Advocate Educate

Registration is OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Just got my two girls registered, they are so excited. They have been asking me all summer "Dad, when is that mountain biking thing that we went to last year?"
    Registration is NOW open!Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, Registration

Sign those kids up and we will see you out there Saturday, October 6th!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    I will be there leading a group!
    The fast kids i assume? This guy will be lagging behind like his old man. See u there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Take a Kid Mtn Biking Day Registration Opens Sat 9/1!!-dscn1243.jpg  

Without rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other. Red Foreman - That 70's show.

Goofing off?
    My two girls are in!