Motion activated

Tagging at Chimney

Looks like some little bastards went to town with rattle cans at Chimney Gulch. They seemed to tag every appropriately sized rock from the first road crossing to the rock garden.
    Last edited by Steve71; 08-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Looks like some little bastards went to town with some rattle cans at Chimney Gulch. They seemed to tag every appropriately sized rock from the first road crossing to the rock garden.
    If you are referring to course markings, was most likely from the running race that I photographed there yesterday. Safety markings, to my knowledge, nothing is being marked for any change there. More goes on in JeffCo OS parks than us just riding our bikes sometimes, we have a permit for the race. More info can be found on my website.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Motion activated
    I saw some pink arrows spray painted on the trail, and I'm not referring to that.

What I saw was sliver and blue spray paint with tagging. If isn't not tagging and was spray painted for the race, then my most humble apologizes, but I've never seen course marking look like that.

Standing at the rock garden after the first road crossing, if you look up to your right you can see someone has climbed up there and graffitied two large rocks. It's about 15-25 yards off trail IIRC so I can't imagine that would be any kind of course markings.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Standing at the rock garden after the first road crossing, if you look up to your right you can see someone has climbed up there and graffitied two large rocks. It's about 15-25 yards off trail IIRC so I can't imagine that would be any kind of course markings.
    That wouldn't be, those dirtbags. Sounds similar to the tagging my office building has been getting too, would like to catch them in the act.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

A Guy Who is Going Places
    How come the right people never get bit by rattlesnakes? That woulda been some instantaneous-like karma.
    http://www.anthonysloan.com

Isaiah 15:5

There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.

mtbr member

Grafitti...is Grafitti...is Grafitti...

Anyone hear of leave no trace?
    Grafitti whether from runners or MTB'rs or hikers scrawling on the rock is grafitti just like bangers grafitti. One group does it under one guise and sets an example to others that it is OK to deface the trail and rocks, whether paint or flour, rock scrawling, whatever...tis all grafitti , it does not belong, it violates the leave no trace doctrine.

Pikes peak runner grafitty is from the scumbags doing the run who disrespect the trail. If they weren't such dolts and lasy and were worth a shite, they'd spend just a tiny decimal of the profits they rape...er make...and make little couple inch triangles they could place AND THEN REMOVE after the race and AFTER they CLEANED UP THE TRAIL.

All deserve severe punishment and some criminal time, do your bit.

SCl
    C.SPRINGS

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by CSPRINGS
    Anyone hear of leave no trace?
    Grafitti whether from runners or MTB'rs or hikers scrawling on the rock is grafitti just like bangers grafitti. One group does it under one guise and sets an example to others that it is OK to deface the trail and rocks, whether paint or flour, rock scrawling, whatever...tis all grafitti , it does not belong, it violates the leave no trace doctrine.

Pikes peak runner grafitty is from the scumbags doing the run who disrespect the trail. If they weren't such dolts and lasy and were worth a shite, they'd spend just a tiny decimal of the profits they rape...er make...and make little couple inch triangles they could place AND THEN REMOVE after the race and AFTER they CLEANED UP THE TRAIL.

All deserve severe punishment and some criminal time, do your bit.

SCl
    Lets not forget all the plastic tape and paper directional arrows that seem to get forgotten following a race.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah, they left a bunch of marker debris on green mountain a couple of years ago after a run race. This really irks me that these event people are allowed to trash the trails like that.

If they are actually spray painting the rocks, that is illegal and there is no way Jeffco would permit that.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I can't imagine any race director spray painting directional arrows on a race course. If they did it would most likely be the last race they ever put on. I used to run a big race and we used arrows on stakes and survey ribbon. We tried using flour or chalk in a few spots, but found that if we didnít get significant rain soon afterwards, it took weeks for it to disappear. We always worked hard to remove the markers and any litter, which was pretty minor in the 2-3 days after the race; it was a big chore because there was about 30 miles of marked course. Inevitably, we would miss an arrow or two or some tape, but someone or I would remove them when we came across them later. A few people would get upset about it, but most folks where helpful, they knew how hard it is to put on races and how many people enjoyed them.
    Our local race promoters of both the mountian bike and trail running series do a pretty good job of picking up markers immediately after the races, but once again, sometimes they'll miss an arrow or ribbon two. If I see them, I remove them and drop them by his house or toss them in the trash. If I come across gel packs or tubes, etc, I'll stop and pick them up as well as beer cans and cigarette butts from the OHV people or any other litter I see. No sense in being righteous about it, just do what needs to be done.

Graffiti is a whole different thing and if caught, taggers should have to not only clean up their tags, but have to do about 500 hours of community service and have their baggy pants taken away from them..

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    and have their baggy pants taken away from them..
    HA!