Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

T.I.T.S. Night Ride! no acronym- weak!

Im leaving for omaha thurs. morning so i wont be headin up that ride! Whoever wants to step in and get it goin is more than welcome! I will be headin out on wed. eve/night somewhere to ride and whoever wants in lets do it! BC? Sisters? Deer Creek? lotb? haven't decided yet. Anything local will stay within the one hour after sunset curfew just to clarify.

Been some good t.i.t.s. rides lately! lookin forward to some more! Thanks!!
    Last edited by PBR me!; 06-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

ridin dirtay
    Tire Indents on The Slide

then....
    Rise Against & Rancid @ Red Rocks
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Hey wkd thats a good one! That would be bad a$$! I want pics with audio if you do!! I am strongly leaning towards buff creek again for some reason , forwednesday!! Not sure who all could make it but will most likely be a few of us for sure.

I think black n white said she was ready to go!!

who's down for wed. night??

the blog

Old, stale, negative
    Doin' the the Lyons full pull on Wed. You guys could join...eerrrrr.. lead the way as I found out last week. Lollipop at PR/Heil then back over the Hall rock garden and down for beers at OB. Hoping lights will only be needed for finding way to the bar. Nothing official, just doing what we do. Love to have you or anyone else who likes retro video games in black lights.

Now with 10% more!
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    I'll be there!

mmmm.....what time you start his shindig? I do have a Dale's 1.3 gal. keg can that could be filled and taken to Omaha! I'm still leanin BC but would give this some thought

the blog

mtbr member
    I am down for a wednesday night ride at BC. And may have another couple of guys that might want to come too.

Old, stale, negative
    Just realized I have some bike issues I need to tend to. The part will be in tomorrow but don't know if I'll have time to fix it before Wed. night. I'll update by the afternoon tomorrow. Otherwise, it looks like my ride will happen Thursday instead.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Tire Indents on The Slide

then....
    Really? Awesome!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Living the High Life
    If it ain't BC I'd be in for a Wednesday ride. Evergreen could involve a stop at the Morrison Inn for a 34oz beer on the way back
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    ...could involve a stop at the Morrison Inn for a 64oz margarita on the way back...
    Fixted that for ya. Talked to PBR this morning, he said he's starting to lean towards something "local" for Wednesday - maybe Waterton? I'm checking the schedule before committing to anything.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Living the High Life
    Any decision yet? I was going to see if any of my work friends wanted in on this. I haven't ridden with them in a while so I figured they'd be in.

Waterton canyon around 6:00 work for you all? bc would be loads of fun but this would work out better this week. NExt week a good ol rally at bc back to thursday night!!

the blog

Goat of Legend
    Sorry I'm missing it again this week. May be doing something Thursday but haven't decided where yet. Possible long one on Saturday in the National Forest.

I believe there are a few of us, FT your "schedule" said you guys would prob. be down for going! SO we have ithnu and work crew, av_boy and his gang, not sure if the usual suspects are coming out. mGe, bad andy, too many toyz this one might just get in before your bedtime story. Not sure about lights since waterton closes at sunset. Prob. only have time for the rox. loop if we get to the bench in good time maybe we can hit tr. 800 just to the T then hang a left and bomb down to the rox. loop. I'll prob. bring a light just in case......you may want to have one.

sweet something close to my house for once. who's bringin post ride refreshments? I may have a couple with me.....

the blog

not actually bad :)
    Sorry brutha, I'm out again this week - you know my story.
    May try to squeeze in a quick one later at Apex.
    Have fun and good luck in Oma. Don't get all crazy on anyone's arze.
    Old Codger

Living the High Life
    All right, I'm out for tonight now. No one from work could make it on short notice anyway.

I'm glad my DH team has a trailer to use for the summer, but its been a nightmare so far. We went to register it and found out we needed a VIN verification and had to get it weighed. So when we went to the scales we discovered its 2500 pounds, not under 2000 like the original owner said. So because of that it has to be re-registered in its old state, FL, first before it can be registered here. So a ton of paperwork and we're on our way. I put an old plate on it to get to Angel Fire. I had all the correct paperwork, including insurance. On the way down it blew two tires (its a double axle). So we replaced one at a Walmart in the springs, the 2nd one blew at 1130pm near Trinada. So we drove 30 mph for the next 90 miles and got there at 315am with 3/4 tires. Turns out all the tires were bad because of the salty air in Florida. So we scrambled to find 3 new tires before the drive home. That was a task in AF, there's not much there.

So we're all set, on the way home and its back in front of my house. The Florida plates even came in last week. All set right? NO! I found out now that its actually a 2003 trailer, not a 2004 so CO won't register it until I bring it back to the DMV and get the VIN # verified again.

How in the heck does this all tie into the ride tonight? I've got work a work outing tomorrow night, then its DH time all weekend. And next week we leave for Crested Butte with the thing. So I'm going to take care of this tonight so I have a week cushion in case something else goes wrong.

mtbr member
    According to Radar it looks like waterton is getting waterlogged right now. Likey to be a mudpit tonight. My buddies cant make it. If waterton is muddy (and it likely is) I will probably bail too.

Living the High Life
    Looks like it will be worth it to get this trailer reg crap out of the way.

Well we will be there and go till we hit mud then turn around. prob. should have stuck with bc plan but oh well. This way i can get home and work on my trailer lights. oh wait i mean pack for omahaha.

the blog

Awesomist™
    Can't make it tonight boys, I have to vent on the internet about something that has nothing to do with anything to people I rarely ride with anyways.

(see you in a few, Kevin...)
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Good thing I got my pedal in today ahead of the moisture.
    Regularly scheduled meet-up @6 @IW tomorrow (Thursday) for those interested?

Good luck in Omaha, boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    ....so I have a week cushion in case something else goes wrong.
    And you know it will.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

Scratch n sniff pics here!

A few from the t.i.t.s. ride with the four of us! Podium, Fulltrucker, Traveling companion, and myself had quite a treat of a ride after the rains! And mostly the trails to ourselves!

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

DSC00044.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

Still gotta figure out this new camera, shots could have been way better!! Y'all that skipped out cause of the rain, its Colorado just wait a bit! Trail conditions could not have been better! And the post ride Los Dos Potrillos, mmmm!

Regular scheduled thursday ride next week!

the blog

mtbr member
    Wow, looks great! I dont think I have ever seen the dam with water coming over the spillway. With all of the water on the fireroad, it seems like it would have been muddy on roxy.

Kinda a bummed I missed out, but I still had some good times riding with my peeps.

P1010119.jpgP1010122.jpg

Crap, the pics are oriented correctly on my computer but when I upload they are sideways.

not actually bad :)
    Nice pix Kevin. What was your route?
    Why does Podium look like he lost his only friend in the 6th pic?

Cute kids av_boy!

I was hoping to get a quick ride in with mine after baseball practice, but he wanted to play more baseball instead, so we did!

Rode to work today for the 1st time in...forever (okay just months).
    Old Codger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast