mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Sweet New Bike Shop in South Central Denver

This guy has so many sick bikes for sale. Here is a list of them

http://denver.craigslist.org/search/...(720)488-1719+

Living the High Life
    Did he buy all those POS bikes and is now trying to "make money off the internet with his computer!"?

Or...he's selling stolen ones.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    I thought this was a thread about the new shop in Aspen Grove? Anybody been there?
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    I thought this was a thread about the new shop in Aspen Grove? Anybody been there?
    The new Giant Cycling World - opens this Saturday.

Ink

mtbr member
    This thread is useless without pics
    Somebody better get me a stamp...I'm gonna send it

mtbr member
    My guess is the guy went to a police auction or something like that and picked up a bunch of stolen but unclaimed bikes for pennies on the dollar, hoping to flip 'em. If he succeeds, good on him! If he stole 'em himself, that's different.

FAT CHANCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    My guess is the guy went to a police auction or something like that and picked up a bunch of stolen but unclaimed bikes for pennies on the dollar, hoping to flip 'em. If he succeeds, good on him! If he stole 'em himself, that's different.

Cutting out the middle man is not cool (even if he is stealing them himself). That causes the Police to have to monitor bike speeds and issue tickets at places like Lookout Mt. to make up that lost cash flow. We all lose.

Is there really a new bike store going into Aspen Groves? And is it one of these new concept stores, like Trek, Specialized, Giant are building? Are they the future of the LBS? I enjoy being able to compare Bike brands side by side, not have to travel from store to store to do so and try to remember what Company A's bike felt like 3 hours or a week ago...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    "Are they the future of the LBS? I enjoy being able to compare Bike brands side by side, not have to travel from store to store to do so and try to remember what Company A's bike felt like 3 hours or a week ago...[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not but it sounds like a great way for the big manufacturers to increase their profit margins. They already bought out all the small companies so now Phase 2. You can't sell any of our competitors products and if you do, we won't let you sell our bikes. Sounds like a little kid who is upset that he is not getting his way.

I am guessing the manufacturers force the guy trying to open a bike shop into this.

I went to a concept store and just laughed at the whole idea. I guess if you are new to biking it might be easier to decide but for me... No thanks.

Hopefully they can make it work because there is nothing wrong with another bike shop in town

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Concept stores are the new thing. They'll put the small guys out of business, they've got $$$ and no soul.
    Cool bike shop in South Denver (are you high?, did you look at what he's selling?)

Loser
    Mar 2008
    Someone should give him a referral to the police.