DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Is swapping/trading legit here?

'Cuz I gots some stuff I'd like to swap/trade for if it's cool. I'm looking for some retro parts and I have some frames & components I don't need.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    'Cuz I gots some stuff I'd like to swap/trade for if it's cool. I'm looking for some retro parts and I have some frames & components I don't need.
    I don't know - I just figured I'd give it a shot. Nobody sent me any nasty PMs....

locked - time out
    What kind of retro stuff are you looking for?

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    One legit way is to just pay the $2, post it in the classifieds and then note that your preference is to trade or swap locally in the front range. Then post it on the FR board. That way you support mtbr and hopefully can orchestrate a sweet trade. S

locked - time out
    I'd like to think that to 15 or so ads that I have placed here (@ $6 or so) have helped to support the site.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    What kind of retro stuff are you looking for?
    The usual suspects. Old Huret derailleurs (like those used in the very early days of MTB'ing), NOS Tioga or Beartrap pedals, MAFAC cantis, Mountain Goat frames & forks, Campy OR parts, old Phil or Maxicar hubs, Bullseye cranks, NOS Farmer John tires...the good stuff!!!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    One legit way is to just pay the $2, post it in the classifieds and then note that your preference is to trade or swap locally in the front range. Then post it on the FR board. That way you support mtbr and hopefully can orchestrate a sweet trade. S
    Yeah, should probably do that if for no other reason that to keep my good karma intact.

locked - time out
    The usual suspects. Old Huret derailleurs (like those used in the very early days of MTB'ing), NOS Tioga or Beartrap pedals, MAFAC cantis, Mountain Goat frames & forks, Campy OR parts, old Phil or Maxicar hubs, Bullseye cranks, NOS Farmer John tires...the good stuff!!!
    It think I saw a Farmer John on an old bike up @ Green Mountain Sports the other day on a bike with the first Rockshox (I think - the black one with the pink lettering) - it got me all excited. I'm no collector (the only old bike I've got right now is a '49 Schwinn cruiser) - but I still like checking out the old stuff - I think it would be cool to find an Alien from the first year - I remember drooling over that bike when it first came out (and loathing my Nishiki Ariel the next year with nearly the same design - it was a noodle)

Hairshirt Rider
    I say do it.

You just might hook a moderator and then some of the locals can gaff and club him. It is very entertaining sport in the slower winter months.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

... and if we just ... Retro Parts

I SEE THE CAMPY PARTS AND FARMER JOHN TIRES ON EBAY PRETTY OFTEN.
    I HAVE A LOT OF 80'S AND 90'S STUFF XT XTR, I ALSO HAVE SOME OLDER FUNKY WHEELS POSSIBLY SOME EARLY 80'S ITEMS LMK WHAT ELSE YOU NEED.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by RETROROCKS
    I SEE THE CAMPY PARTS AND FARMER JOHN TIRES ON EBAY PRETTY OFTEN.
    I HAVE A LOT OF 80'S AND 90'S STUFF XT XTR, I ALSO HAVE SOME OLDER FUNKY WHEELS POSSIBLY SOME EARLY 80'S ITEMS LMK WHAT ELSE YOU NEED.
    I wouldn't mind some old xt and xtr, mind posting details?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.