mtbr member

Superlight and CC Update

A few weeks ago I posted about people's opinion on the SC Superlight and purchasing from Colorado Cyclist. (Thanks for everyone's help, BTW)

I wanted to report I have the bike and love it. It's a big leap fwd from my GT hardtail and perfect for the type of riding I do. Also, the Colorado Cyclist phone rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful. The bike was extremely well packed for shipping; 15 mins of unpacking and reassembly later, I was riding. I'd recommend and buy from CC again. (No, I don't work there or know anyone that does

Tom

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Ummm... where are the pics? This thread is worthless with out photos!

Congrats!

mtbr member
    Not a great picture of the bike but here's the view from the top of Deer Creek.

TNDSC00597.jpg

mtbr member
    I think I was one of those folks who recommended the Superlight. Welcome to the world of full-squish! You'll find that you can ride faster and go bigger all with less fatigue than your GT hardtail. But beware, you may want more travel in the future!

Enjoy!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I think you did make a recommendation. I remember the tagline from Sam Hill. What's that from BTW??

mtbr member
    If you know of Sam Hill (a world cup DH racer) and his riding style it looks as though he doesn't slow down for corners. He just drifts, slides and flows right through them. Totally unreal. The quote came from an interview with him in Dirt Magazine as he described his riding style. I thought it was pretty cool.

I, on the other hand, can't drift corners to save my life...but of course I'm not a pro!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by tnorris
    A few weeks ago I posted about people's opinion on the SC Superlight and purchasing from Colorado Cyclist. (Thanks for everyone's help, BTW)

I wanted to report I have the bike and love it. It's a big leap fwd from my GT hardtail and perfect for the type of riding I do. Also, the Colorado Cyclist phone rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful. The bike was extremely well packed for shipping; 15 mins of unpacking and reassembly later, I was riding. I'd recommend and buy from CC again. (No, I don't work there or know anyone that does

Tom
    Congrats on the bike. I bought a roadie from CC, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Great customer service. They let me swap out 3 different length stems and 2 different seatposts to get the fit I wanted/needed and they didn't complain at all. Plus they're prices were really good.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke