Thread: Super D Racers

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005

Super D Racers

I haven't seen many posts about the pros and cons of the MSC Super D races. I've raced the WP events but am interested in hearing about the MSC venues, track selection, start methods, passing opportunities, course length, course difficulty, value of race fees compared to the experience. I love the short, all mountain format of SD. I envy the euros with their style enduro series.

On face value, the total cost(entry+license)of racing just the SD events with the MSC seems high.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    I race both WP and MSC Super D races. They're both good, each with their own flavor. In general, MSC tends to have a little more "D" in the Super D. All of the Winter Park Super D's I have done have at least one actual climb in them, albeit usually short. A number of the MSC Super D's don't have a climb, but more of a pedaly section that's kind of flat. That's not to say there's no climbing in the MSC races, though.
    I would recommend just giving them both a try and see what you like- they both do a good job of fun/$ in my opinion.