Thread: supah dubya

mtbr member

supah dubya

despite my best attempts to plan an epic high-country journey for my brother-in-law's farewell ride in CO before moving to SoCal next week, he decided he wanted to cross super walker off of his list instead...

so i found the most worn tires i had lying around that still had some edge knobs, pumped those suckers up to 70 psi, locked out the fork, and away we went (along w/ bro-in-law #2, hey nooby).

sadly, no pix (camera on the fritz). it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it might be. rockin' the ipod helped on the paved climbs.

3:10 ride time, starting/ending at jones drug on the hill (not including the hike-a-cliff).
    42 mph max (new record for me on a mtb).

still can't believe you singlespeed freaks do this ride.

i'm not in a hurry to do it again anytime soon, but worth doing once anyway.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

feel the Force
    I have never understood this ride. 18+ miles of pavement for 7 miles of dirt? I'd rather do multiple laps on Walker. OK, maybe I get the "not driving" thing, but I'd rather not wear out expensive rubber for this loop.

mtbr member

if you have to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1
    I have never understood this ride.

starladear
    Feb 2004
    It's not for girlie men.

trail waggler

Or men with ...

Quote Originally Posted by starladear
    It's not for girlie men.
    ...hairy legs.
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

skillz to pay billz

scratch(your head and wonder what the ___) it off...

yeah, scratch it off the list. Not as bad as I always imagined. Only got passed by 3 or 4 roadies on the way up. Temps were bare-able(80s to low 90s). I normally do walker CW so the whole thing was new to me, sorta.

gotdirt climbing the stairs after the supa walker 'walk down the stairs' section

paul attempts the stairs after the supa walker 'walk down the stairs' section

meyers homestead, gotdirt follows tradition by sneaking into the bushes and coming up with ice cold Dales Pale Ales before the last killer road climb to the top of flagstaff before the final decent

Sorry for the craptastic camera phone images

skillz to pay billz
    It's good to have crossed that off the list but i never need to do that much road again. Gimme some singletrack anytime.

Just go ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1
    I have never understood this ride. 18+ miles of pavement for 7 miles of dirt? I'd rather do multiple laps on Walker. OK, maybe I get the "not driving" thing, but I'd rather not wear out expensive rubber for this loop.
    If you live near me ( ), you can ride it almost as fast as driving + riding. That means 3 hours of riding (maybe only 2.5 hours in your case) vs. spending time in the car and less riding. Plus, cranking up Flagstaff is good training! Of course, I have never understood training...
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -TJ