Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Sunday Palmer Pix part II

So everyone there knows who did what and all, so I'll keep the commentary brief. Good to meet some of you I hadn't yet, and good to ride with all of you. I've only been to Palmer about four or five times, and two of those ended short due to storms/rain/a bonk. I was happy to ride up/down more than on previous visits, but unhappy to have not worked up the heuvos to ride some other stuff I wanted. I'll blame it on having been off the bike for a few weeks/a borrowed rear wheel/my testicles disappearing when I need them on a ride.

One mangled rear wheel (thanks DWF, for the mechanical assist - I'm normally more adept with that stuff, just not with wheels) and one ripped rear AC hanger, and a few instances of chain behind cog-against the spokes from a couple riders. No bad spills, only a few cuts and scrapes on a few people, so far as I know.

Oh yeah, per the other thread, it was me on the green hardtail (a Peyto) and the fork is indeed a Pike, not a Reba. First real ride on it was this one; review to follow this thread over on the shock board.

On to the pics: Earning our turns, and a few of the most photographed drop in Palmer, or so it seems. Only pic I managed to snag of me, in the Evil jersey-photo credit to Kristian on that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Some nice work at the bottom of the Improv. The gap by one of the lots. The hanger eating drop.

More drop shots. A few trail shots.

One view shot. And this last one would have been a much nicer shot, had I not decapitated him.

Hairshirt Rider
    and here's a few more.

As always, I had a great time riding with everyone. The fact that I maimed my only rideable bike doesn't diminish the fun at all. One of these days we'll have to follow up with a post-ride beverage and mingle.

mtbr member

wow

Josh did you make it up that rock after the improv? It looks it from the picture. If so you got some skilz. I'll follow you next time

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Josh did you make it up that rock after the improv? It looks it from the picture. If so you got some skilz. I'll follow you next time
    As weird is this sounds....I've never been on improv.... lol
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

locked - time out
    I managed to ride the whole thing (up the back and down the front in one shot) - one time. I kept washing my rear end on 3,4,5,6th, etc.. tries - next time it will come around to my way of thinking

Thanks a bunch for the pics - you got some really good shots.

mtbr member

cool

you da man Josh. Can't wait to see your go for it mentality doing some dh next year. Looking forward to following you through some gnarly stuff. great pics guys

locked - time out
    you da man Josh. Can't wait to see your go for it mentality doing some dh next year. Looking forward to following you through some gnarly stuff. great pics guys
    Cool, thanks - I'm looking forward to next season too, it should be loads of fun.

Perpetually single track
    Thks Dave and Paul for the pics....glad someone brought their camera. BTW, never knew Loudpawlz=Paul.... live and learn....

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Thks Dave and Paul for the pics....glad someone brought their camera. BTW, never knew Loudpawlz=Paul.... live and learn....
    Yeah - no kidding on the camera part. Wes took his digital camera. We got there so late that, in the rush to get our sh1t on and get going, we left the camera in the car...

It's always interesting to find out who is who - I didn't realize that you were ibmkidIII until something clicked about 1/2 hour after hearing you say something about your work.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    One view shot. And this last one would have been a much nicer shot, had I not decapitated him.
    That last pic of Josh (with his head cut off) was the most impressive thing I saw him do. He just hit the bottom and stopped as there was nowhere to go. Pretty cool.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I didn't realize that you were ibmkidIII until something clicked about 1/2 hour after hearing you say something about your work.
    Yeah, after seeing that name so many times on the board I was expecting some kid just out of college or something, but damn, Kirk is older than dirt!

Perpetually single track
    editor's note: My nick has nothing to do with my place of employment (just very weird concidence). I used IBMkid as a tag way back in the days of the BBS's(mid 80's) as my logon name. My (older) bro was the Amigakid, and I wanted to be just like him, so IBMkid I was. The III is because it's the third time I'm using this stupid freaking tag.

And DWF??? Old? Least I'm not old enough to have a 14 year old son showing up a bunch of old hacks, YET.

Kirk "29 and no more" Metz

PS. I didn't connect s1ngletrack=Josh until you posted here on the boards that you were there. *sigh*, brains not as fast as it used to be.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII

And DWF??? Old? Least I'm not old enough to have a 14 year old son showing up a bunch of old hacks, YET.
    It's worse than that, I have a daughter who's 19.

Hairshirt Rider

Yep - he's got a very good eye for lines.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

im still trying to figure out YOUR user name!!

Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    It's worse than that, I have a daughter who's 19.
    DWF?
    divorced white female?

splane please

mike

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman
    DWF?
    divorced white female?

splane please

mike
    Yeah - I actually thought he was a divorced white female for awhile - though I couldn't figure out why she (sic) would want to advertise it on mtbr. You've heard the acronyms SWF (single white female), SWM, etc... haven't you? I'm assuming that, since his first name is Don - and his last name is Ferris - that his middle name is something along the lines of "Williburton" - and his initials just happen to be the same as personal ads slang for "divorced white female"

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Yeah - I actually thought he was a divorced white female for awhile - though I couldn't figure out why she (sic) would want to advertise it on mtbr. You've heard the acronyms SWF (single white female), SWM, etc... haven't you? I'm assuming that, since his first name is Don - and his last name is Ferris - that his middle name is something along the lines of "Williburton" - and his initials just happen to be the same as personal ads slang for "divorced white female"
    That W would be for Wayne which means "wagonmaker" following the D for Don which means "world ruler" both of which preceed the F for Ferris which means "if I was a dog I'd be living at the pound waiting for my own little dose of murder."

I was going to go with "Dumb White F..." but my marketing consultants advised against it.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    That W would be for Wayne which means "wagonmaker" following the D for Don which means "world ruler" both of which preceed the F for Ferris which means "if I was a dog I'd be living at the pound waiting for my own little dose of murder."

I was going to go with "Dumb White F..." but my marketing consultants advised against it.
    I thought that you were an awfully burly looking chick (your avatar pic) - I think I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that you were (are) a guy.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I thought that you were an awfully burly looking chick (your avatar pic) - I think I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that you were (are) a guy.
    Well I have been trying to cut some weight, you should of seen me with my B-cups....