Bad Andy

Sunday afternoon Greenbelt Plateau - minor conflict

Greenbelt Plateau - Sunday about 4pm or so - heading south on the last "technical" section of the climb on the north side of Greenbelt.
    Me - with my 2 kids and wife.
    A friend with his 2 kids there too. His 10 year old was walking his bike up the water bar section. Here come some guys in a big hurry right behind 10 year old.
    1st guy gets right up to the 10 year old (who's still walking his bike up the trail), and decides he can't make it safely with kid in the way, and bails.
    The CX rider behind him and catching him quickly, has to veer right not to hit him, and runs into the 10 year old (both were going up the hill).
    Cyclocross guy - "I apologize", laughing.
    Me - "I would too", not laughing.
    Me - to cyclocross's friend "he's in a hurry!"
    Cyclocross's friend "no - he just like to ride fast - he's actually a racer"
    Me - "??? SO ???????"
    In the meantime, cyclocross racer has gone back down, and come back up the climb, and as the 2 went on their way, they were mumbling some crap.
    I tried to get them to stop and discuss the situation, but they would have none of it. Manly enough to show off their "mad technical skillz", but not enough to discuss trail etiquette of not running a kid off the trail.
    I hope this was not any of you on the forum...
    Oh well - it was still a very fun ride with the family, and perfect weather.
    Probably good the situation did not escalate - he did apologize (couldn't tell if he was joking or not though with the sh!t eating grin on his face).
    I realize this could make for some lively discussion, just haven't been able to stop thinking about the situation...

Big Boned
    At least they didn't have an aresnal of heavy weapons on a folding table.

So this guy ran into the kid going uphill? That takes a special kind of stupid.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

l i v i n'

and we wonder why?

And as a society we wonder why kids say f'it and just sit at home and play video games. What a jerk I wish I would have been there, that cross bike and guy would have been missing a few teeth.

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    At least they didn't have an aresnal of heavy weapons on a folding table.
    I thought about that too, as this was about the 3rd time in my 17 years or so MTBing that I have had any type of conflict at all! One other being that day with you at Barbour with the hillbillies and the other when a xc guy (not a DH guy - you DH bashers) - ran into me at.............APEX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    So this guy ran into the kid going uphill? That takes a special kind of stupid.
    Yupper - they were both going uphill!

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by COburns
    And as a society we wonder why kids say f'it and just sit at home and play video games. What a jerk I wish I would have been there, that cross bike and guy would have been missing a few teeth.
    A few things helped there be no blood shed...
    1 - the kid's dad was right there and wasn't quite as worked up about the whole situation as myself.
    2 - It wasn't my kid
    3 - The kids WERE there, and I wasn't sure that would be the best thing for them to see!
    4 - the idiots were a ways up the trail when they were mouthing off, and I started heading that direction, and they didn't stop
    5 - I'm kinda wimpy and they prolly woulda kicked my arse anyway - HAHAHA