mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Summer Riding in CO Denver/Golden Area

I am planning a road trip this summer to CO and have a place to stay gratis in Golden, about an hour outside of Denver. Can anyone recommend trails in the area? I plan to go toward the end of July and I would be willing to drive about 2 hours to get to decent trails if I need to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Golden is only about 20 minutes from Denver and there are a ton of trails in the area to ride. Start yourself out here: http://www.trailcentral.com/trail/tr...erson&state=CO

Have fun!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb.scn
    I am planning a road trip this summer to CO and have a place to stay gratis in Golden, about an hour outside of Denver. Can anyone recommend trails in the area? I plan to go toward the end of July and I would be willing to drive about 2 hours to get to decent trails if I need to.
    You'll find Golden to be a very central location with many trails within town limits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks for the quick responses guys...I was planning on 7/16 - 7/24, do you think this is a good time for a trip?

mtbr member
    Yes.

Yappy little dog!
    thanks for the quick responses guys...I was planning on 7/16 - 7/24, do you think this is a good time for a trip?

Perfect time! In fact, you'll want to go a little higher in altitude and experience some high country riding. An hour drive will get you some amazing adventures.

mtbr member
    if you're lucky, there may even be a new bike park open by the time you arrive...
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    I would recommend getting a good trail map of the area. There are a couple of good ones if you look around this site.

Erik

Thread Terrorist
    Golden is a good place to start for the front range. Let us know when you get here. The best trail maps are here (free for download), but you should check with this forum on which ones are best for mtn biking and directions.

http://www.jeffco.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R108.htm
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Light freak
    I have always thought this site has good maps for downloading. Just noticed they have a "Virtual Tour" button that will give some photos of the trails also. Just another option

http://www.bigdaddymaps.com/Colorado...aps%20Free.htm