Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Any word on Blanco Rancho? Specifically Long Horn and Mustang?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Looks like most of Lory is open except the West Valley trail.

https://gisweb.fcgov.com/Html5Viewer...trail%20status

mtbr member
    Any Betasso update?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Betasso ranger tweet from yesterday:

Betasso Ranger @RangerFowler
    I would hope that when the trail is muddy people would avoid causing trail damage and wait until conditions improve. #Betasso boco_trails
    Summer 2017 Trail Conditions!-betasso2817.jpg

mtbr member
    Heil Ranch Ranger ‏@RangerGrady 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Picture Rock & Antelope trail will open Friday at sunrise! Nelson Loop still closed. Other trails around Lyons in good shape. #boco_trails

mtbr member
    Rode Buffalo Creek this morning:

Nice Kitty is 90% dry, with a handful of short wet or snowy spots near the bottom of the climb.

Buffalo Burn is about 30-40% snow covered, but it's all rideable and not much mud.

The CO Trail between BB and Shinglemill is about 50% snow, but it too is totally rideable with virtually no mud.

Shinglemill has a couple of wet spots up top before the road crossing, but then is totally dry all the way down until you hit the last short section in the trees.

543 (the main road) is mostly ice and snow, but isn't really all that slick since it's so warm out.

Sandy Wash is almost totally dry, all the way up to the creek crossing where it hits BJ. Lower Sandy Wash is 100% dry.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonesurveyor View Post
    Looks like most of Lory is open except the West Valley trail.

https://gisweb.fcgov.com/Html5Viewer...trail%20status
    Everything west of the road is closed -> Timber, Kimmons, Howard, West Valley.
    The open trails are East Valley, South Valley, and Shoreline. Those were mostly dry this morning.

slow
    Blue Sky, Indian Summer, Devil's Backbone, Horsetooth Shoreline, Lory South Valley, Lory West Valley, Reservoir Ridge, and Maxwell were all good this morning. Couple of damp spots in Lory, but most everything else was dry and dusty and hardpacked.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop_Power View Post
    Any Betasso update?
    I rode across it yesterday, only riding half of each loop (i.e. from four mile and all the way across and down the link trail). There were a couple muddy spots up top, but i only really saw like 1 spot where tires were really digging it at all. The beginning of the link trail (the swoopy part before you really go downhill) had some tire ruts from previous days.
    The majority of the mud was on canyon loop. Benjamin link, benjamin loop, and the fourmile loop were all either good or melting ice. It should be great on sunday (no bikeson saturday)

mtbr member
    Chimpex is g2g. A couple slush spots climbing chimney. I rode down the gut then hopped on Hard Scrabble. Two slushy sections on the gut then hardscrabble, pns and Argos are dry. Hikers and trail runners are out in mid season form with dogs off leash, standing in the middle of the trail and getting startled because they can't hear you approach duel to headphones.

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Betasso is good. A few small sections of slush left but I did not find any deep mud. There is a large tree down on the back loop that you need to hike around, other than that it was great.

ride
    Lyons update - EVERYTHING around Lyons is open and dry - both Hall and Heil Ranches.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

slow
    Fort Collins / Loveland is open for business. Lory, Horsetooth, Backbone, Bobcat, Blue Sky, etc are open and dry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Any updates on Falcon Trail?

mtbr member
    Mt Falcon is 99% Bone Dry - recon'd 2/14/2017

mtbr member
    How about the Falcon trail on usaf academy?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Buffalo Creek Update 2/15/17

Rode Charlie's cut off to Sandy Wash...bone dry and dusty!

Many of the trails are 98% clear, with the exception of the Colorado Trail which always takes longer to melt.

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    Fort Collins / Loveland is open for business. Lory, Horsetooth, Backbone, Bobcat, Blue Sky, etc are open and dry.
    You know I was about to head back to BC today but I think this sounds better! I'd like to try some new Terrain out. I'm going to head to Devils backbone today and then maybe head over to Horsetooth or something. I'm hoping to navigate some good routes but I appreciate any additional suggestions you might have for when I return. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    You know I was about to head back to BC today but I think this sounds better! I'd like to try some new Terrain out. I'm going to head to Devils backbone today and then maybe head over to Horsetooth or something. I'm hoping to navigate some good routes but I appreciate any additional suggestions you might have for when I return. Thanks
    How many miles are you looking for?

I rode Coyote Ridge to Blue Sky, plus Indian Summer (and back) and it was almost 20 miles. Totally dry, and totally empty other than a few hikers close to the Coyote Ridge TH.

Bobcat Ridge is super fun too, but has a STIFF up the Powerline Trail that keeps most people away. The descent on Ginny is totally worth it though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Devils backbone to blue sky to the tunnel under the road. On the way back take a right after the fast descent to a dry water crossing on Indian Summer then back to the Devils backbone parking lot is over 3 hours of riding. Devils backbone is very rocky/chundry so be prepared to kinda motor along with a few minutes of just riding on 4 inch rocks. Blue sky is awesome flowy trail.

My Team: Feedback Sports Racing

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy0 View Post
    Devils backbone to blue sky to the tunnel under the road. On the way back take a right after the fast descent to a dry water crossing on Indian Summer then back to the Devils backbone parking lot is over 3 hours of riding. Devils backbone is very rocky/chundry so be prepared to kinda motor along with a few minutes of just riding on 4 inch rocks. Blue sky is awesome flowy trail.

Very Cool! Heading out now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!

Enchanted Forest at Apex dry? Or am I gonna be riding down Apex?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Unfortunately, enchanted is up hill only tomorrow. (Odd day)
    BTW, falcon and parmalee are bone dry.

Ride Everything
    Anyone checked out Flatirons Vista, Spring Brook, or Doudy Draw this week?
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    As of Saturday at noon, Enchanted was still pretty slushy/muddy. We rode down about 50 yards before turning around.

Lots of dry dirt around elsewhere. Falcon has been great for a week now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I can't tell... is it still winter?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVELBIKE View Post
    Anyone checked out Flatirons Vista, Spring Brook, or Doudy Draw this week?
    I hiked it yesterday and it was bone dry and full of riders.

mtbr member
    Anybody ridden the Meadow View Trail at Elk Meadow? I know the sections that get sun are dry, just wondering if the East facing shady sections are OK to ride. Thx.

mtbr member
    I rode up enchanted today. It's g2g. A couple ice spots but they're grippy.

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

ride
    Lyons update! Nelson and Antelope at Hall and Picture Rock at Heil are closed due to muddy conditions.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

friend of Apex
    no trails closed in JeffCO,
    Argos is now a double track and continues to creep wider in the downslope direction
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

slow
    As of 1:30pm on Sunday, Feb 26
    Ft Collins Natural Areas trails closed: Pineridge, Maxwell, Foothills, Reservoir Ridge / Michaud
    Lory State Park: All trails closed to bikes and horses
    Larimer County: Hidden Valley at Devils Backbone closed, Spring Creek in Horsetooth Mtn Open Space closed

3nf
    Aphonopelma Coloradanum
    Nice Kitty wasn't bad yesterday (Saturday)- maybe one or two inches of snow, some bare, some creamy 5" drifts. Not bad on a fatbike, maaaybe doable on non-fat if frozen.

Upper White Ranch hike today- kinda the same. The last section of Belcher Hill really wasn't bad and had both fat and skinny bike tracks (don't know about lower). Other trails, especially if north-facing, had a decent amount of snow and ranged from firm well-packed to soft and post holed. Very little ice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Rode the south and eastern sides of Green Mountain last night. It was in great shape. Im not sure about the western side.

mtbr member
    Rode Hall Ranch this afternoon:

Bitterbrush was perfect up to the bench, virtually no mud anywhere. After that, I only made it about 100 feet before it got really sloppy and nasty so I turned around. I'm guessing there are stretches of muddy trail before you get to the (closed) loop, but I didn't bother checking for myself.

ride
    Lyons Update for Thurs. Picture Rock and Nelson Loop are still closed. Antelope is back to open and in fair condition. Past the top bench on Bitterbrush is a mixed bag here and there as Smmokan mentioned. Expect conditions to improve with more sun and warmer temps. I'll keep this updated as I hear more.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Just got done riding OWF in Canon City (THU 3/2) and it is dry/no mud. Also got word South Canyon is in great shape.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Has anyone ridden Evergreen Mountain or Lair o' Bear lately?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Anyone know how devils backbone looks? Or if there's anything ridable around fort collins?

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by denversportsjunkie View Post
    Anyone know how devils backbone looks? Or if there's anything ridable around fort collins?
    Backbone has been open to the Blue Sky drop in for a few days. Stuff along the front side of Horsetooth was still soft yesterday afternoon, but not bad. Lory State Park is closed to bikes and horses. Blue Sky is closed.

This is a new system being used by the City of Fort Collins and Larimer County to show open or closed trails:
    Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Sgltrak thanks for your reply. It's a mud fest up here in Wyoming.

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    Lyons Update for Thurs. Picture Rock and Nelson Loop are still closed. Antelope is back to open and in fair condition. Past the top bench on Bitterbrush is a mixed bag here and there as Smmokan mentioned. Expect conditions to improve with more sun and warmer temps. I'll keep this updated as I hear more.
    Thanks for always providing great info on Lyons trail conditions! I was thinking of hitting Hall but I'll hold-off for now. Sounds like a Green Mtn day?

slack jawed
    Heil Ranch report for Saturday morning:
    Wapiti is in excellent shape with only a few damp spots.
    Wild Turkey had more damp spots, a few short muddy sections, a couple spots of standing water, and some short snowy sections.
    East side of Ponderosa was just like Wapiti.
    Picture Rock is still closed.
    I've got nothing witty to say....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Riders are reporting very wet and muddy conditions along the upper section of the Ginny Trail at Bobcat Ridge. Use is not recommended.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during site or trail closures.

FCNA

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Lair of the Bear is rideable but sloppy in the shaded tree areas. Apex is fine. Mt. Falcon is clear to the top shaded area then packed snow. Any trail with shade is going to have sloppy slushy muddy stuff.
    More people than I've ever seen at Mt. Falcon today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Would you elaborate on "Apex is fine?" I assume enchanted forest is not. How about grubstake?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    no problem. Did not ride enchanted but I'm pretty sure its not worth it. Grubstake has the slushy slop but you can ride, not great though. pick and sledge to sluicebox to apex is good to go just a few small muddy parts

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by markmyers View Post
    Lair of the Bear is rideable but sloppy in the shaded tree areas. Apex is fine. Mt. Falcon is clear to the top shaded area then packed snow. Any trail with shade is going to have sloppy slushy muddy stuff.
    More people than I've ever seen at Mt. Falcon today.
    ....It's Lair O' The Bear....

ride
    Picture Rock has reopened. The only trail still closed around Lyons is Nelson Loop at Hall.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Doudy/Springbrook are back open:

All OSMP muddy trail closures lifted as of March 7, 2017

ride
    100% of the trails at Hall and Heil are open and ready to go. There's still a little mud here and there so please ride thru not around
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Anyone know if there are any closures at North Table Mtn due to the South Table Mtn fire?

mtbr member
    NTM is not affected by the fire in any way, although you could see the fire pretty well yesterday evening.
    Is this where I write something witty?

slow
    In case anyone is headed north this weekend:

There are a couple of trees down on the Spring Creek trail in Horseooth, between Wathen and Herrington. I also hear another rider say that yesterday's wind downed a tree on the Westridge Trail in Horsetooth.

Upper shaded trails in Horsetooth and Lory State Park have some slush and some wet spots, but most everything is in good condition. Everything along the front side of Horsetooth Reservoir is dry and perfect.

I hear Devil's Backbone, Coyote Ridge, Blue Sky, and Indian Summer are mostly good, with a bit of moisture hanging on in the north facing drainage on the north side of the Indian Summer loop. Bobcat Ridge is also supposed to be mostly good, with some moisture at the top of Ginny and over in Mahoney Park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'm guessing it's gonna take a bit more time for buff creek to dry back out?

I rode up to conifer on earlier today on a road bike and there definitely is still a good amount of snow in the shady bits past 7k or so.

My cup runneth over
    Mt Falcon (only climbed to the top parking lot - didn't ride any of the trails at the top) - GTG - one small wet section in the upper trees
    LOTB - GTG - several wet/icy sections on the lower path. Single track 99% dry
    Green Mountain Box O Rocks & Summit Loop - GTG
    Bear Creek Lake Park loop - GTG

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Buff creek was great today. Nice Kitty, Scraggy to Shinglemill .
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Does anyone think we got enough moisture to impact the trail conditions at Hall Ranch, guessing not but i couldn't see the foot hills from home today

mtbr member
    Apex is mostly good to go but I'd steer clear of enchanted. Its maybe 75% dry but the wet parts are sloppy. I crashed hard due to the mud. Wish I'd just gone back down Apex at the top. Rest of the gut is perfect

EDIT - As of Tuesday evening, Enchanted is good to go. one or two mud spots but mostly perfect.
    Last edited by sooner518; 03-15-2017 at 09:16 AM.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Does anyone think we got enough moisture to impact the trail conditions at Hall Ranch, guessing not but i couldn't see the foot hills from home today
    Hall and Heil need moisture. They are both bone dry with the exception of just a few spots.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Anyone been up evergreen mountain? Good to go?

mtbr member
    Trails are good to go for clueless users wearing earbud headphones.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

Ride Everything
    How's Betasso looking?

mtbr member
    Smoky.

mtbr member
    Well winter is over. Trails are dry and a tad dusty. Busy as Grand Central station on certain trails. Get a bell bikers. We are at the point we all should have them. Bike shops should sell all bikes with them. Plus a trail etiquette course would be great. So many less experienced bikers out in the front range. Enjoy but don't take it for granted that the trail will always be open if we don't follow basic rules.

Cheers!
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd on here.

mtbr member
    Ding Ding FB 303 Trail Monitor Language. We don't need that here, please. Stay the course amigo... Ding Ding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd on here.

You honestly think there are no lurkers reading this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the need View Post
    Ding Ding FB 303 Trail Monitor Language. We don't need that here, please. Stay the course amigo... Ding Ding
    You don't need what? Is this the too cool for school crowd? Hate to break it to you that mountain biking is mainstream.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Trails are good to go for clueless users wearing earbud headphones.
    Wow, I'm not the only one that sees this. I rode up on a bro checking facechatogram at the bottom section of Apex Saturday. Just a bummer in general, ride safe and have fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeed74 View Post
    Wow, I'm not the only one that sees this. I rode up on a bro checking facechatogram at the bottom section of Apex Saturday. Just a bummer in general, ride safe and have fun.
    Same here- coming down Picture Rock last week (mid week, during the day) I came up on a guy stopped in the middle of the trail with headphones in, checking his phone and not paying an ounce of attention to anyone else. I just don't get it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Same here- coming down Picture Rock last week (mid week, during the day) I came up on a guy stopped in the middle of the trail with headphones in, checking his phone and not paying an ounce of attention to anyone else. I just don't get it.
    While I move out of the trail to check email or answer calls. Some of us are still working while we are riding and need to check emails or answer calls from clients. So, this guy should move out of the trail, don't always assume we are using social media or some of other waste of time, we might be working while we are out on the trail.
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

mtbr member
    I listened to some girl on a business call while riding up Chimney. She kept pedaling while a line of us stacked behind her. She did the same thing again while going downhill at Apex this time without the phone call but earbuds still in.

slow
    City of Fort Collins put these up in several open spaces almost a year ago. They help a bit, but they haven't eliminated the issue.

Summer 2017 Trail Conditions!-0427162001.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtimms View Post
    While I move out of the trail to check email or answer calls. Some of us are still working while we are riding and need to check emails or answer calls from clients. So, this guy should move out of the trail, don't always assume we are using social media or some of other waste of time, we might be working while we are out on the trail.
    I never assumed what he was doing.... it was just the fact that he paid no attention to his surroundings and couldn't hear me when I yelled to him multiple times. Unfortunately it's like so, so many others out on the trails around us these days. Even when people think they're disconnecting and getting away, they're not. (by the way, I'm also guilty of doing a little work on the trails too, but I make sure I'm pulled over or sitting off on a rock somewhere)

mtbr member
    I don't know what's worse... People with their earbuds not caring one bit about other people who might be behind them or coming up on them from one direction or the other, or people who have their speakers on loud forcing everyone on the trail to hear their crappy "music", whatever it is. I guess it all comes down to "me-me-me". I'm important, I'm having MY fun and the world can kiss my ass.
    New to Colorado since 1993.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Self centeredness. Its the new core American value. And has become oh so prevalent in Denver these days.

Ride Everything
    Will never forget being passed by a guy on a singlespeed who was playing James Brown's Get Up/Sex Machine from a bluetooth speaker hanging from his fanny pack...

mtbr member
    A dusting of snow on Green Mountain. Other Trails look to have an inch or two

slow
    Light rain last night here in the west side of Fort Collins. Wind this morning appears to be drying things nicely.

friend of Apex
    ahhh, yes. Spring on the FrontStrange.

Cue muddy trail rants
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    ahhh, yes. Spring on the FrontStrange.

Cue muddy trail rants

Rant.

You're welcome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Based on polling a bunch of Weather Underground stations overnight (Thurs + Fri):

~1/2" of liquid precip in the Lakewood-Golden area

~1" down by Chatfield

~1/4" up by White Ranch

ride
    not even enough rain in Lyons to make a dent. Carry on.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    If anyone went to buff creek today post how it was. Cdot cameras on 285 look like some snow but was pretty dry there last weekend

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Still sloppy at the top of Apex this afternoon (wasn't riding, live nearby).
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Picture Rock trail is closed due to mud.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Newz from Pueblo?

I'm thinking of going down there, but it's a long drive if there is any mud.

edit: just checked their site, and it looks like it was ok today. Then checked the weather, and it looks like rain tomorrow. Can't we catch a little break?
    Last edited by Guyechka; 03-27-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: new info

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area is CLOSED to all activities due to wet/muddy conditions. Check Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 for updates. As always, thank you for your cooperation and understanding during trail or site closures.

FCNA

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by fcna View Post
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area is CLOSED to all activities due to wet/muddy conditions. Check Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 for updates. As always, thank you for your cooperation and understanding during trail or site closures.

FCNA
    I've got to still rinse the dust off of the bike from Monday's ride out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    it's been raining pretty hard in Pueblo for a couple hours now. definitely going to need some time to dry out.

slow
    Lory State Park in Fort Collins is closed to bikes and horses due to muddy trails.

slow
    FCNA has closed Pineridge open space in Fort Collins due to mud.

ride
    Picture Rock is still closed but everything else at Hall and Heil are perfect right now.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

FoCo 3/30

Shoreline, Reservioir Ridge and Maxwell is G2G for now at least...

ride
    We've had a few reports in from riders at Hall Ranch today. Expect puddles and drying conditions but pretty good dirt. Conditions should be top notch for Sunday!
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    BC update:

Nice Kitty, Shinglemill, Charlie's, and Sandy are all good to go for now. CT Section 3 is pretty mucky so it'll need a day. It's rideable to Shinglemill but don't expect to come out clean. Didn't even bother with Scaggy. That lot was totally empty.

Kick Start My Heart
    8" snow in CS today, expecting 60s this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by davez26 View Post
    8" snow in CS today, expecting 60s this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    8", wow! Only a trace up north FortLove way. Very wet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast