Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1174
    mtbr member
    Thanks guys I will check those out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    did anyone ride buff creek yesterday? I'm wondering if all the rain brought back some hero dirt and washed away the kitty litter?

Loser
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm925 View Post
    did anyone ride buff creek yesterday? I'm wondering if all the rain brought back some hero dirt and washed away the kitty litter?
    Just got back from riding Buffalo Creek this afternoon. Hero dirt abounds. A few puddles here and there but nothing to be concerned with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    sweeeeeeet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm925 View Post
    sweeeeeeet!
    Not to rain on your parade (hey at least it's not real rain) but there is a horse event in Buffalo Creek tomorrow (Saturday 8/2) as posted in a different thread. I've ridden there during those events and it's not too bad, but not great either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I ended up riding from Lory to Devil's Backbone. It was surprisingly dry in places. Still some mud and standing water in the creek bottoms.

I didn't see any snakes, others did though.

Ended up crashing less than a mile from my house on the spring creek trail. That's what I get for going fast on a MUP. Got some wicked road rash I'm nursing today.

bikerpilot
    Out of towner staying in Estes this week. Anything near here might be rideable tomorrow or Thursday? Hall or Heil maybe?

I did see the other thread about access to the trailhead at hall ranch being closed and know I have to go down hwy 7 to access either one.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    i rode hall a couple weeks ago and it was in great shape. access to hall and heil from estes shouldn't be a problem. the last few times i have done the drive they have had either 66 or 7 closed, but not both at the same time. i think they have been alternating which one they open each day. either way, you can get in and out of estes everyday. have fun!

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Out of towner staying in Estes this week. Anything near here might be rideable tomorrow or Thursday? Hall or Heil maybe?

I did see the other thread about access to the trailhead at hall ranch being closed and know I have to go down hwy 7 to access either one.
    Antelope trailhead access is closed until Friday evening. Hall and Heil are both in great shape. Come on in the bike shop in Lyons (Redstone) and we'll be happy to bust out the maps.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    as an out of towner, you wouldn't want to access Hall from Antelope anyway. But yeah, drive to Lyons, stop into Redstone, and ride Hall (if you want rock garden) or Picture Rock (if you want a longer xc-type ride) or do both, as the trailheads are maybe a mile apart.

mtbr member
    Hello, I am visiting Winter Park/Fraser this weekend, wondering about the status of local trails?
    "Here it is; I think bikes have a purpose."
    ~Gary Fisher

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Summer 2014 - Post FR trail conditions/ask questions here:

Rode there yesterday. Hero dirt!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How's something like Walker doing? It does ok with the rain we're getting this afternoon (if it clears up), right? Heard FC was pretty rutted/wet still from Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lindahl- Walker should be primo. I just rode Betasso and it was in perfect condition (with just a few small puddles) less than an hour after the rain stopped.

mtbr member
    Anyone know if Mustang trail is open again on the White Ranch Trail system? The Jeffco website says it is closed but that was last updated on 6/5/14 so I am not sure.

mtbr member
    I was there last week and there's a sign before Belcher by the upper parking lot that says it's closed. I never really ride Mustang so I couldn't confirm 100% but I do the Rawhide loop and there's a similar sign about Wrangler' Run and Wrangler's Run is indeed closed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    FWIW... I rode Hall this afternoon (finished at 3:00) and the Nelson Loop was on the verge of being muddy, with several very large puddles. Bitterbrush was mostly OK and Antelope was slick in spots.

However, as I was leaving the lot it started pouring, so I would definitely avoid Hall the rest of tonight. It could be pretty muddy in the morning too if it doesn't clear up soon...

ride
    Hall and Heil - expect lots of puddles but the dirt is perfect!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Hero dirt at Betasso today.

And every time I ride there, I am so appreciative of the one direction rule. It was crowded today, as evidenced by my time on the 3 link trails. But I felt entirely alone on the 2 loops, passed 2 people and was passed by 1, and that was all I saw (of riders, also saw a fair amount of hikers).

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Its dusty up in FoCo, but conditions are great. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Rode Hall Ranch this afternoon and it was a mix of hero dirt and big, deep mud puddles. Most of the mud was on the Nelson Loop- like usual- but overall it should be awesome by tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Any guesses on how White Ranch will be tomorrow? I don't mind getting all muddy, but I don't want to trash trails either (and all those water bars & rocks can probably get pretty dicey when they're wet!). I've ridden there only once a few weeks back when it was dry.

If it's probably going to be too wet, do you think Sawmill is likely to be too muddy to bother bringing little kids bikes if we do a quick overnight "backpack" starting midday (assuming adult bikes stay home…and assuming we manage to get a camping permit)?

Thanks!

mtbr member

Summer 2014 - Post FR trail conditions/ask questions here:

Pretty much everything on the front range is going to be perfect today and will be dry and dusty again by Sunday.

There are two types of mountain bikers. Those who are faster than me, and me.
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

Alaskan in exile.

Who rode Kenosha today (Sat 9-13)?

I was hoping to ride it tomorrow (Sun 9/14); what are the trail conditions?
    Is it worth the drive out there?
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Kenosha was in perfect shape on Thursday, plus it was in the 60s and sunny the entire ride. I'm sure it's still in great shape.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast