Thread: Strider

mtbr member

Strider

So, I bought a strider for my boy when he was 3 months old and didn't know much about them when I bought it...now he is 2 and the 'strider' i bought, while cool and everything, is still too big.

If anyone has a strider collecting dust, that would fit a 2 year old, and want to unload it please pm me with the price.

Thanks!!
    HH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhead View Post
    So, I bought a strider for my boy when he was 3 months old ...
    Whoa! I've heard of running before crawling, but damn...riding before able to lift his own head
    You're one demanding parent!

Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Team Velveeta™

Strider ++

Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Whoa! I've heard of running before crawling, but damn...riding before able to lift his own head ...
    My boss had his 4 year old on a brum brum strider racing last year. (He's the one on the left on the blue Yamaha.)

Ultimately, even after making performance mods to that little Yamaha he couldn't quite get the kid into the running with some of the others, so he had to replace it with a KTM. Which he souped up I think with an aftermarket pipe.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    My boss had his 4 year old on a brum brum strider racing last year. (He's the one on the left on the blue Yamaha.)

Ultimately, even after making performance mods to that little Yamaha he couldn't quite get the kid into the running with some of the others, so he had to replace it with a KTM. Which he souped up I think with an aftermarket pipe.
    HAHAHA! That's friggin' awesome!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Team Velveeta™

fierce competitors

HAHAHA! That's friggin' awesome!
    It is. He tells us that the competition is pretty cut throat. The kids are totally going for it (rubbin' is racin') and his little four year old comes out of the races wild-eyed excited and panting.

The dads are out there wrenching on those little scooters trying to eke a little better power out of them. Apparently the yamaha centrifugal clutch was slipping too much even when it was working perfectly so he modified the crap out of it and just couldn't get it there--and the motor had limits he couldn't live with. Had to go with Orange Power to keep up with the hardware the other dads where throwing at the effort.

Cracks me up!
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    You're one demanding parent!
    To say the least I actually bought it when someone on this forum posted a strider on sale at woot...regretfully, i acted quickly and didn't do any research to find out that smaller size striders exist.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Pretty soon he'll be racing with the big boys.
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-02-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Stride On!

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Pretty soon he'll be racing with the big boys.
    We practiced on the Striders tonight. My twins are 25 months old and are just getting into them. One walks next to it, the other strides it but won't sit down. He can pivot and go backwards. Got them when they were 1; too early.

We'll be in this race next year, wherever it may be (in front of my house?). My buddy grew up racing BMX. Took his family all over Ohio and the midwest. They all loved it, made great friends, saw new towns, etc. He has sick bike handling skills on the downhill bike and still rocks a 26" cruiser on dirt jumps at 33 years old. Start 'em young with the bikes, I say. Whoever invented these is a genius.

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    My 19 month old daughter walks straddling the strider. She loves it, but is also freaked out by it (because it's a little too big).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    We have the larger one or I'd hook you up. You ought to see J on the 16 inch Giant he's on. We just took him up to the cabin and had him on the connector trail from Camp PV to Camp Dick... he did suprisingly well. He didn't complain once which was the biggest accomplishment! He really didn't show any interest until he was about three and then took off on the Strider. I do have small Huffy w/ pedals I picked up for 7 bucks you can borrow when you need it. We'll need it back for E.
    The best thing about the Giant is that the forks fit the roof rack allowing for more room in the car. Rambling... hope you guys are doing well!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    We have the larger one or I'd hook you up. You ought to see J on the 16 inch Giant he's on. We just took him up to the cabin and had him on the connector trail from Camp PV to Camp Dick... he did suprisingly well. He didn't complain once which was the biggest accomplishment! He really didn't show any interest until he was about three and then took off on the Strider. I do have small Huffy w/ pedals I picked up for 7 bucks you can borrow when you need it. We'll need it back for E.
    The best thing about the Giant is that the forks fit the roof rack allowing for more room in the car. Rambling... hope you guys are doing well!
    Thanks dude - appreciate the offer - but, just threw down for a new one over the weekend(he has more bikes than his age )...he loves it. All i hear now from him now is: "Watch out there is biker coming" hahaha..and "Need place for my water"
    Tell everyone hi.