Yann Ropars

Storm Mountain Trail? (west of Loveland)

hellox,

i went to Storm Mountain this morning (west of loveland) - rode up to the top (close to 10,000feet) with the out of breath thing going on... on the way down i tried to find the Storm Mountain Trail (singletrack) but just couldn't find it at alll.... see map below -

Has anyone ridden it? Any help would be appreciated...i'd like to go back!

the views of Estes Park and Longs were totally awesome!

more at:http://imageevent.com/yann/stormmountain
    Last edited by quasimotogold; 05-17-2008 at 08:14 PM.

mtbr member
    I think the jeep road is it. I have been up there in a truck and i dont rember ever seeing any single track.

mtbr member
    Longs Peak?

Yann Ropars
    yes Longs

mtbr member
    It's there, you just have to look really really really hard to find it at either end. I rode it last fall, it's extremely faint and crosses a few large meadows where you have to re-find the trail on the opposite side of the meadow. When I rode it I scared the hell out of this lady who was taking a squat just off the trail. She and her husband live up there and have sparsely flagged the trail which helps a bit with navigation. It's an okay trail, great scenery, but the trail bed is super-dooper soft with 3-5 inches of pine needles and other decaying matter making you feel like you are riding on a sponge.

Yann Ropars
    hmm thanks molas, i'll have to head back there and search better - a GPS might help. Or ask the national forest services to do something, like put a sign

cheers

mtbr member
    quasi, take 153c down the steep descent and then a left on the road/4wheeler track just before the gate, at the next switchback (~100 yards) keep going straight into the meadow. Start heading downhill about 1/2 way across the meadow, once you enter the trees start looking for the trail. You need a pretty liberal definition of "trail" to find it. good luck

Yann Ropars
    yeah i think it's through that Meadow that I lost it.... i kept going down, down, down through the 4x4 track.... and ended up back tracking

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Has anyone tried reaching Storm Mountain from Storm Mountain Road that starts off of Stove Prairie Rd?

http://maps.google.com/maps?cbp=1,22...xvPOjJKTUIe1kw

Looks like a long ride. Can part of this road be driven and then park half way in or so?