Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    a.k.a. Yeti Ken

Stolen titanium Salsa Mukluk

[Sorry for cross-posting this in multiple forums]

Do you know this douchebag? He stole a 2013 titanium Salsa Mukluk from the Gear Exchange in Glenwood Springs, CO. He had been hanging around Glenwood Springs the last few days hanging around the Gear Exchange and watching us play bike polo. He said his name was Sean. He's about 6'7" tall and wears glasses and usually a black under armor baseball hat. He has two eyes tattooed on the back of his neck and a Ducati Tattoo on his leg. We think he's from Denver, so we wanted to post his picture on the front range forum. Very rarely does someone have a picture of the person that stole from them so we're trying to take advantage and reach as many cyclists as we can. See description and picture of bike below.

Stolen titanium Salsa Mukluk-1269284_10151677962218918_473344964_o.jpg

It has a Upski red frame bag, relevate feed bag and a Light and Motion commuter light on the bars that are not in the picture. If you have any information please contact the Glenwood Springs PD (970-384-6500) or the Gear Exchange (970-945-8500) or IM me with info I can follow up on.

Stolen titanium Salsa Mukluk-1266121_10151711481532753_370589275_o.jpg

Thanks, Ken

mtbr member
    Don't know him, but I'll definitely keep my eyes out. If he's a bike junkie, I'd try calling/ e-mailing every shop you can on the front range. He probably hangs out somewhere...
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice flavor-saver... He should get punched for that alone.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Put this on FB in you local bike club pages. Perhaps you get lucky, I hope!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Moderator Moderator
    Stickied. Post when it can be un-stickied.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Lets get this scumbag guys!

a.k.a. Yeti Ken
    Thanks, everyone. This guy's picture has been plastered all over Facebook. He won't last long. Thanks for stickying it, 2mellow.

mtbr member
    A few questions:

How did you get this guy's picture?

Do you have a video or pictures of this guy stealing the bike?

You should consider submitting the picture to local news channel, seems like someone would be interested in running the story.
    What am I going to do with forty subscriptions to Vibe?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Gripshift;10684849]A few questions:

How did you get this guy's picture?

QUOTE]

This was my first thought.

a.k.a. Yeti Ken
    That's the funny thing... I hear he took the picture himself. I don't know whether his original multi-day scheme was to steal and the picture is just to taunt us, or whether the theft was a last minute decision and he was too dumb to remember his picture was taken. Either way, it doesn't matter now.

He was visiting town and hanging around a group of us, including the shop owners, for a few days. He came and played bike polo with us, went out to dinner with us, and had been riding the bike with one of the owners off and on for a few days. Then he and the bike disappeared.

Please, let's not turn this into a thread about criticizing the shop as to how this guy got the opportunity to disappear with the bike; let's keep it about finding the guy.

Thanks

Front Range, Colorado
    I cross posted this thread in a couple other forums last night.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Beer whisperer
    Based on the Ducati tattoo,I forwarded it to the Ducati dealers in CO to see if they recognize him. I run a Ducati dealership in California so I have some contacts there.

mtbr member
    Not to sound like a smart ass but do you have a cell number or email address for him? Just saying I know I can not be the only guy on here who was SF, I bet there are at least 100 others plus some OGA's or Frogmen.

Post it up and let us dig, you get me any email address and I can give you an exact location as soon as he accesses his account (just no gov accounts please, I ain't snoopin the gov).

Plus think of it for Open Source reasons. Say this Sean fella runs into some others who do not feel right about his and they just open source him and then they find this and what ever else google churns up on him, they are going to spread the word as well.

Post it bro, there is no way this tard can hide from my machine or any of my mates machine.

If you do not have it, then maybe a last name, if you have an estimated age, then post that too. If anyone has some vid of him playing around with you all or of his ride, then post it.

Just one question, I stole the picture you posted and enhanced it the best I could. Did he actually take this of him self? Second Question, What is he sitting on, I could not make it out all the way, just something mid height like a bike, motorcycle, railing, bar stole something mid height. If he is sitting on your rig taking his own picture then he thinks he is good. If that is the case then you really have to share some more intel dude, my machine has a serious allergy to cocky pricks.
    De oppresso liber

ouch....
    Isn't there a way to tag a face on Facebook somehow?
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Isn't there a way to tag a face on Facebook somehow?
    Yeah, a simple biometric check through a web crawler would work, but I do not have that. I live on my bike literally. Best I could do is track him down via a cell phone or email address.
    De oppresso liber

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I think that only works for people you're already friends with, but I could be wrong.

Front Range, Colorado
    I like how the dude has a Ducati tattoo but is still a thief. I guess he just dreams of owning a Ducati because if he owned one he would have enough money to buy that bike instead of jacking it.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Debodawg
    Sep 2009
    A local TV station did a report on Stolen Bikes here in the bay area. Almost to a one they end up at the Oakland Flea market - Oakland Coliseum.. Start there. Have proof of ownership like a serial number, receipt and a police report. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Looks like this one perhaps?
    2013 Salsa fat bike titanium large

mtbr member
    That's definitely the one. I'd be calling the SFPD right around now...
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GS_Ken View Post

It has a Upski red frame bag, relevate feed bag and a Light and Motion commuter light on the bars that are not in the picture. If you have any information please contact the Glenwood Springs PD (970-384-6500) or the Gear Exchange (970-945-8500) or IM me with info I can follow up on.
    since it appears some of you have found some info, has anyone contacted Gear Exchange yet with your findings?
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I just tried calling but the shop is closed today and the machine doesn't take messages. I'll try calling Glenwood Springs PD.

---Jenny
    Bay Area, CA

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I tried calling Gear Exchange, but they are closed. I've sent them an e-mail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Someone from the Glenwood Springs PD should be calling me back shortly. I'll post more info once I have it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edgpaul View Post
    I tried calling Gear Exchange, but they are closed. I've sent them an e-mail.
    Oops, thanks Jenny. Didn't see your reply. Good idea on the GSPD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast