mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Stolen Specialized S-Works M2 Pro 1987 Hard Tail

On the 7/31/08 my Specialized S-Works M2 Pro 1997 Hard Tail was stolen from the Louisiana Pearl RTD Station in Denver. The bike is the original mango color has a black Marzocchi EXC shock, black Mavic 717 wheel set, with Specialzied Pro tires, LX Crankset, XTR derailer/v-brakes and XT shifters. The seat and seat-post were removed when I locked it, however they could easily have been replaced. It also has a Polar watch and head-light mount on the handlebar. If you see any postings for sale of this bike could you please let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by pethomas5280; 08-01-2008 at 10:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    1997 not 1987!!

mtbr member
    Hey, if you don't get it back, I have a 17 or 18" red/white M2 frame of that vintage I'd give you...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That is super nice of you. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the bike will turn up, but I am not overly confident.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by pethomas5280
    1997 not 1987!!
    I was wondering how you'd picked one up 9 years or so before they were produced.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I got a medium M2 of around that year also

That is super nice of you. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the bike will turn up, but I am not overly confident.
    Comes with a Manitou 2 with Speed Springs and Englund damper! Sweet! Only a 1" headtube so tough to upgrade. Oh, yeah, some kinda vintage XT crankset and derailleurs and long stem and bar ends and...hey, this was the 90s! Anyway, it's in my basement wondering where it's gonna end up. PM me if you still need one. No wheelset or chain or probably other stuff but it's free. That frame has ridden Slickrock probably 15 times. I was going to donate to the mtn bike museum in CB.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member

Anyone have some wheels for this guy?

No worries. Maybe you can take XCGuy's bike and my frame and piece together something functional...?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey guys....still no joy on getting my bike back and been checking craigslist and the pawn shops in Denver but nothing happening there....

I will probably leave it another week before I look to build a bike back up. So if you folks are still interesting in letting me work with the two bikes that would be great. As a starting point I live in the Denver area so not sure if that is in the same locality....? Thanks....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey guys....still no joy on getting my bike back and been checking craigslist and the pawn shops in Denver but nothing happening there....

I will probably leave it another week before I look to build a bike back up. So if you folks are still interesting in letting me work with the two bikes that would be great. As a starting point I live in the Denver area so not sure if that is in the same locality....? Thanks....
    I'm up in Westminster. PM me and the other guy, we'll work something out. Just to let you know, my M2 frame only has a 1" headtube. It's got a retro Manitou 2 fork on it but finding any other fork would be tough with that size headtube.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Front Range, Colorado
    xcguy and Pau11y are a couple of stand up guys to do this. One of the many reasons I love this sport are people like them. Five
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    xcguy and Pau11y are a couple of stand up guys to do this. One of the many reasons I love this sport are people like them. Five
    Jeez, DJ, sounds like you've gone off your meds again.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Jeez, DJ, sounds like you've gone off your meds again.
    I think he gets lovey dovey when he takes too many.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    I think he gets lovey dovey when he takes too many.
    Yeah itís hard finding the perfect dose, to hell with the doctorís advice its all about experimentation.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yeah itís hard finding the perfect dose, to hell with the doctorís advice its all about experimentation.
    When I was popping Vicodin for my wrist the docs were worried about me combining alcohol with the V. Is that your drug combo of choice, DJ?

Front Range, Colorado
    When I was popping Vicodin for my wrist the docs were worried about me combining alcohol with the V. Is that your drug combo of choice, DJ?
    Shhhhh!!! SILENCE!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Shhhhh!!! SILENCE!
    How this thread got from a stolen bike to Vicodin cocktails is...typical for the Front Range forum I guess. And you live in California. I weaned myself off the V as soon as I could. I did get a new script for 40 just before I quit, just in case. I came across them yesterday while cleaning out my bathroom drawers. Nice to know I have them in case I really f... myself up again, but there's no temptation to use them in the meantime.

Note to $ally Hu$tle: Vicodin and alcohol

Front Range, Colorado
    How this thread got from a stolen bike to Vicodin cocktails is...typical for the Front Range forum I guess. And you live in California. I weaned myself off the V as soon as I could. I did get a new script for 40 just before I quit, just in case. I came across them yesterday while cleaning out my bathroom drawers. Nice to know I have them in case I really f... myself up again, but there's no temptation to use them in the meantime.

Note to $ally Hu$tle: Vicodin and alcohol
    I have two bottles I barely touched and three prescriptions sitting on my dresser I never bothered filling. You got me thinking I should I get them filled just as a back up? And it sure is funny how this thread went to talking about my mishap when the OP is reeling in pain from his pride and joy being taken? Lets get back on topic and get that new ride built up for him.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have two bottles I barely touched and three prescriptions sitting on my dresser I never bothered filling. You got me thinking I should I get them filled just as a back up? And it sure is funny how this thread went to talking about my mishap when the OP is reeling in pain from his pride and joy being taken? Lets get back on topic and get that new ride built up for him.
    We've been exchanging pms. In fact, I can't just replace the bike he lost, they're really not the same. But I have a basement full of parts and old frames (after I sent a 32 lb box of stuff to that soldier in Iraq) so maybe I can still help him out.

Front Range, Colorado
    We've been exchanging pms. In fact, I can't just replace the bike he lost, they're really not the same. But I have a basement full of parts and old frames (after I sent a 32 lb box of stuff to that soldier in Iraq) so maybe I can still help him out.
    Cool! But you lost me at 32lb box to the solder in Iraq? What did you send and why? Is there a soldier MTBing in Iraq?
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Cool! But you lost me at 32lb box to the solder in Iraq? What did you send and why? Is there a soldier MTBing in Iraq?
    Soldier request support in Kirkuk Iraq - bikes, parts donations

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My mom suffers from chronic pain from back injuries and arthritis. At one point she had over 1000 Vicodin on hand, as she'd get multiple months prescription at one time. They changed her prescription soon after so she's got a whole bunch. I told her she could supplement her retirement with some cash but she says she's gotten this far without prison.

Glenn D.