Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kaj
    mtbr member

Thief Busted! Stolen Kona Wo Fatbike from Full Cycle

Yo peeps. Some jackb*tt stole a Kona Wo from our Pearl street store this morning. They through a rock threw our front window.

This is a pretty rare bike still, only been out for a few months, and Kona did not make many.

It's a medium, serial #F1405C3322

Fresh snow on the ground let us follow said jackbutt all the way to Gunbarrel, but then we lost the tracks. So at some point around 6am today it was in the Gunbarrel/Longmont direction.

Please keep the eyes peeled. Thanks

Some pics:
    Stolen Kona Wo Fatbike from Full Cycle-photo-3.jpgStolen Kona Wo Fatbike from Full Cycle-photo-2.jpg
    Last edited by Kaj; 01-14-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

Outcast
    Kind of an oddball theft; it must be the novelty of a fatbike, it`s close to the window...perhaps the theif was a drunk needing a ride home. The kona is a low end fatbike; it`s not like a bike savy A-hole to steal a cheap bike. Don`t take that personally Kaj; I`m pretty sure you`re aware the kona is a low dollar bike.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    ... to steal a cheap bike. Don`t take that personally Kaj; I`m pretty sure you`re aware the kona is a low dollar bike.
    Ahem.

A term more consistent within the industry would be,

It's a very good value.

And all joking aside, from what I've seen that Kona is a good value.

By the way, Absolute Bikes in Salida has a full size run of that same bike in its demo fleet. Just in case anybody gets a wild hair...

Hope you catch the butthole Kaj. Just the chance of getting a little help replacing that glass would be a nice perc of having the dude caught.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    That takes some gall to smash n grab a front store window on Pearl.

Hopefully the thief is caught and the bike returned.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Ahem.

A term more consistent within the industry would be,

It's a very good value.

And all joking aside, from what I've seen that Kona is a good value.

By the way, Absolute Bikes in Salida has a full size run of that same bike in its demo fleet. Just in case anybody gets a wild hair...

Hope you catch the butthole Kaj. Just the chance of getting a little help replacing that glass would be a nice perc of having the dude caught.
    Please pardon my insensitive phrasing. The kona is indeed a good value. Not that the theif spent any hard earned money acquiring it. Funny all the high end mega dollar bikes in taht store, and he grabs one of the better value ones there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hopefully the thief is caught, and hung high. And not the now legal type of high.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    I was thinking it was a drunk bum, till I road in his tracks for 4 or so miles, he road straight enough to gunbarrel. It was at 5am, so it was either someone grabbing what was in the window for a ride home or someone who wanted a fat bike.

One funny story was the cop who was describing to me the ways I should tackle him off the bike if I see him (not that he would encourage that he said).

I don't think I'd tackle anyone off the bike, but I was sure bummed when the trail in the snow melted away. I had visions of riding the trail right to his door and waiting there for the cops to arrive.

mtbr member
    Bummer, to bad about the snow melt. that would have been great. Good luck. Eyes peeled

Rolling
    Just to make it clear, I thought I was the only jackbutt who lives in Gunbarrel, but it was not me. Although, I would love a bike like that to show up in my garage for a month.

Heck, I see a lot of super-fat tire tracks on the cottonwood trail, twin lakes trail, etc but not as of lately.

Do you have a specific place in Gunbarrel where these tracks are seen?

Also for the record, where l live is a good 7 miles from full cycle and I live on the South end in the County near Jay Road and 63rd.

I have been out a lot and haven't seen anything of such in my area but I will keep looking.
    Last edited by lidarman; 12-26-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Hey Lidarman, the last tracks I saw were at the corner of Jay and the Diagonal. Not sure where he went from there.

But!!!! We think we had a sighting in Fort Collins. I got a report that a transient was seen riding a Wo. Highly likely it's the stolen one. Wo's and transients are not too normal together, and we have not sold any in Fort Collins yet.

If you see him, please call the local PD so we can check the serial number. The Fort Collins PD knows about it already.

You can call this number to reach the PD: (970) 221-6540 press 2 for dispatch

The incident number is C133620244

mtbr member
    No surveillance cameras in the store or that area of Pearl? You going to consider steel bars on the storefront (which you would think would not be needed in DT Boulder).
    2013 Trek Marlin 29er stock (blue)
    2010 Giant TCX 2 Cross stock

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
    No surveillance cameras in the store or that area of Pearl? You going to consider steel bars on the storefront (which you would think would not be needed in DT Boulder).
    The cameras did not catch anything as it's just the first 2 feet inside the window. Don't think we need bars, but I'll refrain from putting bikes in the window that look appealing to bums at 5am. Thinking I'll go with some pink trikes or some striders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
    Hey Lidarman, the last tracks I saw were at the corner of Jay and the Diagonal. Not sure where he went from there.

But!!!! We think we had a sighting in Fort Collins. I got a report that a transient was seen riding a Wo. Highly likely it's the stolen one. Wo's and transients are not too normal together, and we have not sold any in Fort Collins yet.

If you see him, please call the local PD so we can check the serial number. The Fort Collins PD knows about it already.

You can call this number to reach the PD: (970) 221-6540 press 2 for dispatch

The incident number is C133620244
    I hope the "sighting" wasn't me on my Black Ops Pugs threading my way up the ever delightful transient-way called Linden Street on my way to or from work near New Belgium.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    No Linden street sightings, just Shield and College so far. Wo's and Surly's are pretty easy to tell apart, at least for a bike shop guy. Fat on!

mtbr member
    I will certainly keep an eye out. Glad to hear I'm not particularly transient looking. :-)

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Our Fort Collins sleuthing paid off. We were Wo hunting this morning and found this.

The thief came out to unlock it just as the cops showed up. Made some lame excuses. Gave the cops a false name. Then was led away in cuffs. Don't think we've seen a cop smile more, I guess the guy had some priors.

F' yeah!

PS Anyone looking for a medium Wo for a good deal. Has a little "history"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen Kona Wo Fatbike from Full Cycle-img_20140114_085739_363.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hell yeah, that's awesome!

Perpetual n00b
    Our Fort Collins sleuthing paid off. We were Wo hunting this morning and found this.

The thief came out to unlock it just as the cops showed up. Made some lame excuses. Gave the cops a false name. Then was led away in cuffs. Don't think we've seen a cop smile more, I guess the guy had some priors.

F' yeah!

PS Anyone looking for a medium Wo for a good deal. Has a little "history"
    That seat is an atrocity!
    If you gorge yourself into morbid obesity, you can skip everyone else in line at Disney World.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    That seat is an atrocity!
    Yeah, we'll do a complete rundown of the "upgrades" and damages later this afternoon. Last year we got a $500 hybrid back that had been upgraded to hydro discs from mechanical so not always bad, let's see what's in store for us this time.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    I love it when a plan comes together.

mtbr member

Stolen Kona Wo Fatbike from Full Cycle

Wow glad to hear that you caught him!

Now with 10% more!
    Good to hear! Any word on how it made it from Boulder to Foco? I mean I guess he could have rode it here but the word transient makes me think that's not how it happened.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    This is awesome--video of the thief getting busted!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...68691622151867

Team Velveeta™

Nice D-Bag profile. "I think his name was Michael." "Cash."
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member

What a moron.. Officer asks what was his name? Perp says let me say his name was Michael. How'd ya buy it? Perp-with cash. How did you get in touch with him, did he have an add? Perp "a guy had it offered to me"

Stupid is as stupid does...
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast