Denver Lowlife

Stolen Black Sheep

Hey all,

A friend of mine just had his custom, black Black Sheep city bike stolen downtown today. Please see the attached picture and keep an eye out.

Thanks,
    Gavin
    gavin.macfarlane@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen Black Sheep-28365_386803596228_665726228_4054010_3526059_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2010
    This is a one of New Belgium Blacksheep bike that I traded my car for. This is the car trader bike from '09. The head badge reflects that and reads "New Belgium Brewing '09"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5&id=665726228

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Very sorry to hear about this...but a bike like that should never leave your sight!

I've been pissed off enough about my $100 bike being stolen over a year ago. I can't imagine how insane I'd go if that bike was stolen from me. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by super88
    Hey all,

A friend of mine just had his custom, black Black Sheep city bike stolen downtown today. Please see the attached picture and keep an eye out.

Thanks,
    Gavin
    gavin.macfarlane@gmail.com

That sucks horse tomatoes! How many of these were manufactured. I'll question a rider if I see it, but if there were 1000's it may be a moot point.

Does Not Belong on a Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    How many of these were manufactured...
    I don't think too many. I think NB did one swap in each tour de fat stop.
    This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I'll drop-kick anyone I see riding that bike and ask questions later. Sorry to hear that your Sheep got stolen. Hopefully, one of us will be able to help track that beauty down for you. Might want to drop a line to James and New Belgium to let them know it was stolen (see if they put a serial or other ways of telling it's that specific bike besides headbadge) - also call every pawn shop and bike shop in the area and let them know to be on the lookout. Also, hire some snipers to sit on roofs around downtown and just wait...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    I'll drop-kick anyone I see riding that bike and ask questions later. Sorry to hear that your Sheep got stolen. Hopefully, one of us will be able to help track that beauty down for you. Might want to drop a line to James and New Belgium to let them know it was stolen (see if they put a serial or other ways of telling it's that specific bike besides headbadge) - also call every pawn shop and bike shop in the area and let them know to be on the lookout. Also, hire some snipers to sit on roofs around downtown and just wait...
    If you don't have the bike's serial number registered, pawn shops have every right to buy and sell it. Police can't do anything. The only thing you can do it buy it back. Even if you have pictures of you on the bike from when you were 5 until 25, police still say there is no way of knowing it's yours unless it's registered. They MAY seize it if they do find it was stolen, but it'll go into auction, rather than being returned to you.

Which I find to be total BS. I can go walk up to a bike, take the serial number off it, register it (if it hasn't already been), and then steal the bike a day later. Well...legally, it's my bike now, but I stole it. It's an F'ed up system in my opinion.