mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Stolen Bikes Denver: Yeti 575, Specialized Allez Pro

Stolen on 10/10/17

2005 Yeti 575, size large, black with a polished aluminum rear triangle. Yellow and black WTB brand seat with Yeti stitched across the rear. The most unique component on the bike is a red Race Face brand stem. Fox RLC 130 fork, RP3 rear shock, Shimano XT front derailleur, SRAM XO rear derailleur, Shimano XT crank arms, and Hayes hydraulic disc brakes. Crank Brothers Candy SL pedals which are gray and sliver in color.

2003 Specialized allez pro, 56 cm size. Sliver color with black tiger stripe pattern on the top tube and seat tube. Campagnologo components blue Ambrosio brand rims. Stryke Profile water bottle cage, and stainless steel Delta Inox water bottle cage. Cateye wireless cycling computer Crank Brothers Quattro SL pedals which are silver and black in color and a carbon fiber seat post. The saddle is a Selle Italia flight which is black with white stitching.

Please, if you come across bikes fitting this description for sale on this or other forums, on ebay or elsewhere I would greatly appreciate notice.

Thanks
    Last edited by pde20; 10-17-2006 at 11:55 AM.

mtbr member

No good let's hope for karmic retribution

stolen from where? garage? rack?

bummer... i feel your pain. i've had 6 bikes stolen over the years (3 in NYC, 3 in CO), though none were as ni$e as what you've lost.

"red Race Face" what? that sounds like it would be the only identifiable part of that yeti.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I read these stolen bike posts and just makes me sick and nervous. I don't ever keep my bikes in the garage anymore. My wife thinks I'm paranoid but I tell her "if you saw how many stolen bike posts were on the Front Range board you would understand".

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    stolen from where? garage? rack?

bummer... i feel your pain. i've had 6 bikes stolen over the years (3 in NYC, 3 in CO), though none were as ni$e as what you've lost.

"red Race Face" what? that sounds like it would be the only identifiable part of that yeti.
    Sorry, red Race Face stem. I'll edit that in the original post.

This is the 3rd and 4th bike I've had stolen in Denver. Each time I go one step further in terms of being vigilant about where I keep and store my bikes, each time the crime steps up a notch. This was a home burglary where the thieves came in to my house and into my basement to get the bikes. In the future I suppose I will have to lock them up to something in the house like a rack, set of pipes, each other, etc. Not to mention possible going with a burglar alarm and other home protection schemes. Anyway, thanks for the kind words...and don't let your wife move the bikes to the garage!!

I can't ride 45!
    What part of Denver do you live?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    What part of Denver do you live?
    Central Denver, near Cheeseman Park

Members who have read this thread: 0