Thread: Stolen bikes

Really I am that slow

Stolen bikes

A customer of mine has his bikes stolen early this am....

Woke up to make coffee and noticed my back garage door flung wide open and all bikes gone:

Pivot Firebird - white/red, Haven wheels, Reverb seat dropper, white/gray Race Face Atlas bars
    Pivot Firebird - brown, Reverb seat dropper, purple seat
    Time Speeder S - white/red/black, Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels, (dirty) white bar tape, black tires
    Orbea Onyx - teal with matching black/teal tires, pink bar tape, tri clip-on aero bars

My neighbor said it was 2 guys on foot, around 4:30am. Golden High School area... Not sure if they did one or two trips...
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

mtbr member
    Crap... Eyes peeled

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    With all of the bikes being stolen out of garages, I wonder if anyone has tried one of these: Uniden Guardian Wireless Two Camera Video Surveillance System with 9" Monitor

I don't know if the cameras would serve as a deterrent, but assuming the thieves didn't break in to the house and hunt around for the recording unit, you would at least have some video to hand to the cops.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    He needs a dog.

Except when I'm driving
    Mar 2012
    I have a infrared sensored wildlife camera set up in my garage. I set it up when we were being evacuated from the flood to take pictures of possible looters. Luckily I didn't need it but seems to work pretty well. And it's cammo.

I'll keep an eye out for the bikes, bull$h*t!!!
    I'm bored and at work or else I would be riding

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiPavement View Post
    I have a infrared sensored wildlife camera set up in my garage. I set it up when we were being evacuated from the flood to take pictures of possible looters. Luckily I didn't need it but seems to work pretty well. And it's cammo.

I'll keep an eye out for the bikes, bull$h*t!!!
    I have a game camera, too, but the problem is that is the thief spots it, all they have to do is remove the SD card, or better yet, the entire camera. I have been told that with night vision goggles, the infrared sensor looks like a flashlight, and yes, apparently some thieves have night vision now.

With the wireless system, the video is on the recorder by the time the thief sees the camera. Even if they take/destroy the camera, the images are not there, they are on the recording unit. Assuming you can hide the recording unit somewhere, you might get some video.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hey, these were my bikes. Thanks for posting. I've been getting ready to get a dog, and have seen surveillance systems on sale a lot recently -- I had thought they're overkill but they look pretty appealing in retrospect

Thanks for looking out, I know chances of recovery are abysmally low but it doesn't hurt...

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkuba View Post
    Hey, these were my bikes. Thanks for posting. I've been getting ready to get a dog, and have seen surveillance systems on sale a lot recently -- I had thought they're overkill but they look pretty appealing in retrospect

Thanks for looking out, I know chances of recovery are abysmally low but it doesn't hurt...
    We had a home invasion across the street about 2 years ago and my wife works from home.

I'm actually allergic to dogs but have made the sacrifice for peace of mind knowing my wife/son are safe. (I no longer have a sense of smell since getting the dog.)

I'm glad I did as we had an issue last Thanksgiving with someone snooping around and she did her job and chased the guy off.

My leg feels funny
    I wouldn't get that dog if you live in Denver... Unless you're into having dogs killed.

mtbr member
    Geez. What's up with Denver recently. I've seen several "broke into garage, bikes stolen" threads.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. Those are some nice bikes.

Garage is locked and double secured for holidays. House is defended by a protective and vocal/loud Rhodesian Ridgeback, S&W 9mm, Springfield Armory .45ACP and a Remington high capacity shotgun with buckshot.

I hate thieves.