mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Stolen 575 Alert

My Yeti was stolen today. it is a turquoise, size L with a Manitou Nixon Platinum, El Camino brakes, X9, XTR hollowtech crankset, crossmax enduro wheelset, thompson stem, easton seat post. reward if found. bad karma to whoever stole it.

bummed.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Where was it stolen?

I think I would attempt to kill someone if I caught them trying to steal my bike...

Was it off your car? If you have comprehensive, insurance might cover it. They covered my rack/snowboards when a gust of wind blew it off my car. We stopped at the next exit and turned around to get it, but some jerkoff stole it before we got back.

Good Luck, I feel for you

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    19th and Lawrence. It was locked on very well. I am checking on auto insurance, though I think my renter's insurance covers it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I thought car insurance doesnt cover anything attached or on the car?

mtbr member
    I am sorry to hear about that, I have had a few bikes stolen over the years and it really sucks. I used my homeowners insurance to buy my new stuff, so hopefully that works out for you. I'll keep on the lookout for you.

-Nick

Starts B, ends Rant.
    I live in the area and I will keep my eyes open. There is an individual who has been taking a lot of bikes lately. Our building video camera caught him in the act but as far as I know denver pd hasn't really made it a priority. Watch the pawn shops downtown as well (although you would have to be an idiot to try to sell a 575 at the pawn shop).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rafg
    I thought car insurance doesnt cover anything attached or on the car?
    I was under the impression if it was permanently attached(bolted down) or locked to the car it would be covered.

pin 'er up

Man...

...I got nothing but Sorry.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Yes watch ALL pawn shops in the local area and EBAY!!! Their are some master bike thiefs out there whom do this a business. They are known to break the bikes down and sell the parts on ebay too.

Call you local pawn shops and give them your VIN# of your bike too. BE PROACTIVE!!
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!