Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stolen 303R-DH in Denver (Craig's List Hit!)

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Superorb 
#1 ·
A good buddy of mine got his Yeti 303 R-DH stolen while showing it to a fella who contacted him from Craig's List that was "interested in buying it". Guy took it for a "test ride" around the block and didn't come back... keep your eyes open please and thank you! And BEWARE when you're selling big-ticket items on CL! My friend posted another CL ad that includes a description of the perp and the phone number he was contacted from, offering a reward for info, here's a link to that as well as the Ridemonkey post he put up:

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/1946419433.html
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236046

#4 ·
nOOby said:
no drivers license or wallet deposit? not good.
Yeah totally. Unfortunately, this ain't my buddy's first rodeo-I think he knows better since he's sold plenty of bikes/skis/whatnottery via CL, just brain farted it this time around and got BURNT.

Jdub said:
I read the story on TGR and couldn't believe it. Then I started thinking, didn't the guy show up in a car? If he hopped on the bike and rode off, wouldn't the car still be sitting in front of the guys house?
I thought the same thing about a vehicle... kind of unclear on that one. Maybe the perp had an accomplice that dropped him off?

The good news: he's already had someone contacted him RE: the reward posting he put up there, saying someone from the same number contacted them about the bike they were selling. So the fvcker is still actively looking for victims, it seems.

#14 ·
Death penalty for all those who steal! Especially those who steal bikes! I would dedicate the rest of my life to finding the A- Hole and stuff him in my crawl space, feed him enough to stay alive and torture him for the rest of his natural life! Karma will hopefully send him over the bars and over a cliff! F'ing theves!!! Did I mention I hate theves?

#17 ·
I get their wallet and their vehicle keys. Then I wave bye bye, knowing that if at that point they ride off into the sunset they do it with my bike, yeah, but...you know, assh!les do the darndest things! Hope their vehicle is worth more than the bike I was selling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.