mtbr member
    Feb 2009

STOLEN 08 Commencal Furious ON 06-22

Words can't explain it. Walked out to my car after work today in Boulder and my whip was gone. Had it locked on top of my WRX. Middle of the day, Pine Street in Boulder, half a block from a school/daycare. It was on top of the car at 1:00 and not there at 5:00. They cut my lock cable on the Yak rack and pulled it off the car. (*%&%&$!!!!!!!! First time I've ever taken it to work. Gorgeous neighborhood, busy street, 2 blocks from my office, right off my car. Spread the word. PLEASE!!! I have maybe 4 days of riding on it and just finished dialing it in. I've filed Police report with Boulder City Police and I'm putting together everything I have on the bike.

The bike.
    2008 Commencal Furious (solid, not CG Sig Model) Size S
    White Azonic Outlaws
    Sram X0 r/d
    White e13 srs guide
    Black and gold Hope Mono 6ti (custom mounted)
    White Hussefelt bar
    Black Holzfeller Stem
    Azonic A frame pedals with custom black 12mm nibs (dope)
    etc.

It is a unique bike that stands out for sure and should be EASY to spot. If you see it here or any other forums, craigslist, or out riding, HELP.
    I'm at a loss for words like I said. Bike has been gone like 5 hours and I feel so violated. Spread the word, contact the police, steal it back if you see it.

ben.grider@gmail.com

This is just an image I found for those of you notice familiar with the Furious. Imagine this with white build kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That sucks. Insurance?

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    ill definitely keep my eye out man

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Lame, I will keep an eye out around Boulder, make sure to check all the local shops and pawn shops, hit up the Fix for sure
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Insurance with the house. Still a hassle. Called all the Boulder shops for an eye. This blows.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bumpin this up to get some new eyes on it. No word at all. Been scouring ebay / clist etc. This thing has to pop up sooner or later - somewhere.

simple
    Watch geartrader.com also. It seems like there has been a ton of high end stolen bikes lately.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the heads up. Didn't think of that. After reading about the raid in AZ this week and recovery of like 36 stolen high end bikes I have this picture in my head of some dood in D - Town with like a warehouse full of amazing rides all piled up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Totally sucks.

When you say you are watching craigslist and ebay, be sure you are looking in other parts of the country, and for bikes with a totally different component mix and color. These guys are stealing a dozen bikes, shuffling the component deck, and repainting.

I had a guy come up to me on Saturday at Keystone and ask to use my pump. He looked really sketch, and was riding what I think was a 2009 Demo 8 that had been rattle canned black, and had a Marzocchi 888 instead of the Boxxer that came on it. He was driving a pickup with Oregon plates. The bike had the stock tires that still had nubbies and the components looked hardly used. Yeah, everyone drops $4-5K on a new DH bike, rattle cans the kick ass paint job and immediately swaps out the fork.

But what are you going to do?

I have a Hero helmet cam, and it has a time lapse photo option that allows you to take a photo every 30 seconds. I feel like hiding it in the car somewhere when I park with my bike on it, just in case. Of course, these crooks are so good they might get the bike and get away in under 30 seconds. And even with a photo, I'm sure the cops have better things to do than deal with bike thieves.

imaorobbie
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    I'm sure the cops have better things to do than deal with bike thieves.
    The police should be very concerned with bike thieves. It is their job to deal with theft. Denver is number 7 for bike thefts in the U.S. Take advice from a professional.

Think Circles!
    I'll keep an eye out. I work off pearl and Broadway... if i bring the bike to work with me, it's locked in the jeep then locked to the roll bar with a bike lock too.