Thread: Steelhead

locked - time out

Steelhead

Thought I'd post this here because several of you have mentioned the Steelhead - overstock.com has them right now for $179...FYI

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Thought I'd post this here because several of you have mentioned the Steelhead - overstock.com has them right now for $179...FYI
    So does Mojo Wheels, here in Denver.
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Yeah - but if you buy one online, you get to wait a week, pay shipping and deal with any warranty issues yourself....so there.

user-created
    Jenson would probably match that, and you'd have better customer service..... Not that you'll ever need it with a Steelhead.

If you can buy local for the same price, do that of course.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Jenson would probably match that, and you'd have better customer service..... Not that you'll ever need it with a Steelhead.

If you can buy local for the same price, do that of course.
    I've had really good luck with Jenson - that is, uh, I've heard good things about them - I would never stoop so low as to buy online, mind you. It's like I always say "bankruptcy before online purchasing"

user-created
    I've had really good luck with Jenson - that is, uh, I've heard good things about them - I would never stoop so low as to buy online, mind you. It's like I always say "bankruptcy before online purchasing"
    Here's an awesome Jenson story.

My roomie needed a dually on a budget, so he ordered a KHS 504 frame (superlight clone) from Jenson for $299.

Well, It lasted a few months before the downtube failed. Anywho, he sent some pics to Jenson, and they promptly refunded his $299. All they asked is that we cut out the BB and send it to them.

I feel pretty mixed about online ordering. The LBS needs our love, but if you do your own work why pay retail?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now Uploading
    Well, Mojo has them hanging from the ceiling there in stock, and I'm sure they'd press your headset into it when you buy it.

I don't have a LBS/online purchase policy or issue. I take it on a part by part basis. I have good relations with Westside, Bike Source, Wheat Ridge, Mojo, and yes, SuperGo and Performance. And the service was awesome in Turin the few times I was in there when I lived down there. I've had good luck with pricing at the first two shops, so I rarely need to buy mail order now. But some things on closeout can't be beat (JensonUSA Marzocchi 2004 Z1 Freeride coil QR20 for $349 for example). I give the local shops that I like a shot first. If they are far off though, I have to pick up the phone, especially with consumable items like tires (hardly anyone stocks all the Maxxis tires I use anyway), grips and such.

My largest pet peave with LBS though is "We don't have it, and really should stock it, but we don't, so we can special order it for you... and come in and we'll charge your card first...". Jesus, just stock the stuff anyway. If I'm gonna make an order, I usually pick up the phone. But beware of backorders. I have a sales rep at most places that wouldn't think of jerking me around like that.

Wise man once say "I can't sell you what I don't have". Another wise man say "Call me back when I'm out of stock too, and I'll match their price".

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 12-28-2004 at 09:35 PM. Reason: I spell like Al Gore...
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Stand back

Good job! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    I just sold some wheels, so I might have ta stop in there tomorrow and pick one up. Now maybe if I get a decent x-mas bonus I can order the dually pretty soon, too!
    I'm gonna have the biggest non-ridden quiver in Arvada!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!