mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Bonking ... not feelin' well Steamboat Morale Booster?

Hey guys,

So I've my family is having a reunion this July in Nebraska. As a consolation, my immediate family has been planning to go to NE Colorado for a week vacation. For the past few weeks I've been excitedly researching trails and bike rentals (coming from FL [summer] and east Tennessee [fall/winter/spring]). I was mostly excited about enjoying some long, flowy downhills; something I rarely get to ride back east. After all this time finding the most exciting trail systems (Arapaho ridge, Monarch Crest, Buffalo Creek, etc.) The family has decided a ski resort would be more fun, namely Steamboat springs.

I have ridden Snowmass/Aspen in the past, and, it was fun, but crowded. Has anyone ridden Steamboat's summer trail systems, and can they give me a few encouraging words to get me excited again?

Thank you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm_rider View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've my family is having a reunion this July in Nebraska. As a consolation, my immediate family has been planning to go to NE Colorado for a week vacation. For the past few weeks I've been excitedly researching trails and bike rentals (coming from FL [summer] and east Tennessee [fall/winter/spring]). I was mostly excited about enjoying some long, flowy downhills; something I rarely get to ride back east. After all this time finding the most exciting trail systems (Arapaho ridge, Monarch Crest, Buffalo Creek, etc.) The family has decided a ski resort would be more fun, namely Steamboat springs.

I have ridden Snowmass/Aspen in the past, and, it was fun, but crowded. Has anyone ridden Steamboat's summer trail systems, and can they give me a few encouraging words to get me excited again?

Thank you
    Sorry to poo on your plans, but they're going to have a late start...as well as most of CO's resorts...my old stomping grounds
    It might be okay by August.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    [Edit] "late July, beginning of August"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm_rider View Post
    [Edit] "late July, beginning of August"
    Go for it; you might be otay. But it this 90 degree heatwave keeps up, you and yours might be going to a disaster zone.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    If it dries out by then, rides off of Rabbit Ears into Steamboat are up there on the must do lists of many a Coloradan. Google mountain biking off of Rabbit Ears Pass and you will find trip reports and trail reccos. Your trip will most likely be just fine, let's hope, for the sake of those up in Steamboat.

Loser
    Mar 2008
    bring a raft if you go to Steamboat...

mtbr member
    steamboat is melting out quick. Wedsday we are racing on emerald, and most for the trails around the hot springs are already open. Hopefully the flood waters will have subsided so we can get on the core trail, but none of our true mountain trails are being effected. We have some great mtbike events scheduled for july and august, the Livestrong fund raiser is aug6, and the Steamboat Stinger marathon mtbike race is july 24. Come on up and demo a sweet Moots bike from Orange Peel and ride like us locals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    bring a raft if you go to Steamboat...
    ...so you can go tubing down a playground...

╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Thread Terrorist
    Stop by in Winter Park for a few days. If its hot in Denver, it'll just as hot in Steamboat.

Ride hard.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park