mtbr member
    May 2011

Steamboat Big Mountain Enduro format finalized?

Hey all,

The steamboat enduro is this coming weekend... but sitting at the top of the DH course in last weekend's Snowmass Enduro listening to people pretty much summed up that there doesn't seem to be agreement within the organizer's purview on if/how they are going to handle the staging: uphill, timing, etc...

Can anyone chime in on this race's details and whether they have been finalized? I know lots of people who are signed up, and none of them myself included will be happy if it changes into a 4hr xc race.

rodeo

Want to vent?
    Yes curious as well. Checked the website today. No new info. It's a lot of traverse and climbing and curious how it gets timed. Also curious on the downhill route.

Rode the trail from home yesterday...always a good 40+ mile a$$ kicker. FYI - It's a little wet up there now after the past 3 days of rain. I would think that it is gonna take some heat this week to get it back to faster dry conditions.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

mtbr member
    Rodeo, it will only be a 2.5 hour xc race. A reasonable rider can ride up Buff pass and onto Mt Werner in 4.5 hours.

My advice is to leave the big bike at home, this may have a greater DH/UH than most XC races, but no one is going to win this event on the downhill.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I saw some photogs out there, and a few racers with go pros... i look forward to seeing the footage! thanks fellow riders for a good time and the encouragement.