mtbr member

Staying out of the mud ride! PICS

Saturday was a eye opening/great day. I have recently finished a bike that has taken me over a year to do( Kept the cost way down just waiting for parts). I wanted to take it out and give it a great test run. Once I finished doing a few things My buddy and I were off on what is my longest SS ride to date. We left my apartment headed to the 470 path. Along the way I noticed my handlebars moved some, the bolt was tight, just not tight enough, one quick stop at a bike shop (and a little looking at some nice rides) we are back at it. We continued down the trails on routes neither of us knew. We found a few ways to connect to other trails we enjoy ( WOO HOOO). From the 470 path we continued through Chatfield Reservoir to an nice overlook. This is where I realized my apartment was in a bad rainstorm, I was glad to not be there, but the lightning in the distance was a little less than comforting. From the overlook we wrapped around over to Waterton Canyon/ Colorado Trail Trail head, there was a little dirt road in this section that felt like a sponge, but I was glad to test out the ride in soft dirt/light mud. After making it back onto the pavement it was time to return home, down Titan road. Somewhere while going into the wind on an uphill my bottom bracket started to give me fits. Guess I will pull it apart Monday and see what I can do. It's only a 20 year old BB. We continued onto HWY 85 where we were able to ride the newly built (but not open to vehicles) part of the highway. As the miles rolled on my bike continued to have issues and I was quickly wearing out ( I was so excited about the bike being ready to ride I didn't eat before the ride). Just a few, and I mean FEW miles, from home I did call my wife for a ride home... I was done.

All in all the ride was absolutely great! We did 40.5 miles in total. With the gear ratio of the 40:14 I have I was happy. I have a few minor adjustments to make and it will be done. My buddy did amazing... He wore me out, He whooped me!

Now for pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Great post. Looks like you're about in the same "shape" I'm in!!
    Need to make a few hundred more miles, both of us huh?

safe ridin to you,
    GeorgeLD

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    nice pics! And no mud, however your buddy is standing in federally protected wetlands. Someone will be contacting you!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLD
    Great post. Looks like you're about in the same "shape" I'm in!!
    Need to make a few hundred more miles, both of us huh?

safe ridin to you,
    GeorgeLD
    You mean round isn't a good shape? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    nice pics! And no mud, however your buddy is standing in federally protected wetlands. Someone will be contacting you!
    Didn't know the 470 path was that protected.. I keep learning!

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'm curious. Is that SS strictly for street/bike path riding, or do you switch out the tires and ride it on singletrack as well? I bet it'd be a good one to ride up Waterton on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I'm curious. Is that SS strictly for street/bike path riding, or do you switch out the tires and ride it on singletrack as well? I bet it'd be a good one to ride up Waterton on.
    Yeah it is a made for paths/road. However it is also for dirt trails such as Waterton.

Starts B, ends Rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    Hurray! I've been lurking long enough to get this joke. Nice post Funrover.

mtbr member
    Looks like a nice ride. I still don't know if I would ever ride that section of Santa Fe/85. The sections where there's no shoulders are just too narrow.

Team Inflexible

Thanks Again Aaron

Your posts are some of the best on the Front Range Forum. The pics are great quality and what I like best are the smiles and passion you and your buddies show for our beloved sport.

Keep it up. I need to get off my arese and start positng some rides instead of lurking.

PS love the new rig. Has class!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Rant
    Hurray! I've been lurking long enough to get this joke. Nice post Funrover.
    LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by kosayno
    Looks like a nice ride. I still don't know if I would ever ride that section of Santa Fe/85. The sections where there's no shoulders are just too narrow.
    Yeah it was sketchy at times, however with the not open yet highway stretch it's nice now. I did notice another road that was empty ( Except cyclist) that was right next to 85. I think it was CR16

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Your posts are some of the best on the Front Range Forum. The pics are great quality and what I like best are the smiles and passion you and your buddies show for our beloved sport.

Keep it up. I need to get off my arese and start positng some rides instead of lurking.

PS love the new rig. Has class!
    Thanks!!

$!/#%&!!!
    Funrover, thanks for yet another inspiring post. Whether it is an icy FIFO morning, taking the street cruiser out, or a new SS - you keep on pedaling and sharing your love of bikes with us. One of these days I will run into on the trails (hopefully figuratively) and I will shake your hand.
    I'm gone, Mangk!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasa E
    Funrover, thanks for yet another inspiring post. Whether it is an icy FIFO morning, taking the street cruiser out, or a new SS - you keep on pedaling and sharing your love of bikes with us. One of these days I will run into on the trails (hopefully figuratively) and I will shake your hand.
    Sounds good! always enjoy meeting new folks on the trail! I am not sure about the inspiring part.. but thanks!