yohyatt
    Mar 2009

Staying in Commerce City - need 2 days of riding suggestion

Howdy folks,

Coming out to see a concert over labor day and am going to be able to peel off and ride for 2 days, but going to the show on sat and sun night.

never been out here before, i live in Oakland, CA and have ridden all over california.

I'd be renting a bike and am willing to drive at 1 to 1.5 hours each way from commerce city to get to the bike shop/trail heads.

I'm sure there are some must ride trail on the front range - I'd be looking for a 3-5 hour pedal (15-25 miles, 2-4k) or maybe some shuttles if those trails are accessible - like downieville, enchilada, cannell plunge, etc.

Can you guys point me in some direction on which town i'd want to go to? boulder, winter park, golden?

thanks a lot

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'd definitely suggest riding Buffalo Creek one of the days: about an hour southwest of Denver via Hwy 285. You can knock out as many miles as you want on some of the smoothest, fastest singletrack around.

During the weekend the parking lots get crowded down there, but the trails seem virtually empty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yohyat... I work in Commerce City, used to live in San Jose, and would be happy to show you some trails.

the piece of advice I'm giving the sea levelers coming out this summer, is to go ride Hole in the Ground and Mr. Toads as many times as you can in the two weeks before coming out...

+1 on the Buff Creek recommendation
    also consider Kenosha Pass to Georgia Pass... cause you can't come to Colorado with a mountain bike and not get at least a little of teh HIGH..
    Staying in Commerce City - need 2 days of riding suggestion-999676_10201308225005843_1662931846_n.jpg

Centennial Cone is a local ride worth considering.. 17 miles 2.5 hours
    Staying in Commerce City - need 2 days of riding suggestion-945529_10201199873777130_920417006_n.jpg

let me know

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It's not that heady to say your staying in CC, makes you sound like a custie. You're going to the Dick's, brah.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    How are u gonna be able to ride a bike after a phish show! Guess you gotta sweat it all pit somehow.

The Notorious S.L.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusky21 View Post
    How are u gonna be able to ride a bike after a phish show! Guess you gotta sweat it all pit somehow.
    True Dat, I recall ride Red Rocks/Matthew Winters in the middle of the Wide Spread Panic weekend, two years back to back, the closer you got to Red Rocks, there were people sleeping trailside in the shade.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    i stopped drinking 8 years ago after going to too many shows..... now i take it all out on the mtb