(◣_◢)
    Mar 2010

Starlight Spectacular in Colorado Springs

I've lived in Colorado Springs for the past 12 years and I've heard about this event. This is my first year that I've been into cycling/mountain biking and was thinking about doing this event. Anyone have experience with it? I'm curious to hear feedback from people that have done it.

http://www.trailsandopenspaces.org/s...t-spectacular/

Team Inflexible
    I have also considered this ride for years. Maybe this year it will happen.

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010
    It is a good time, bands at the start and rest stops, free stuff, and lots o' food.Realize that it is for fun and not a race though, too many people think it is a race. There will be a variety of people, young and old alike, just out for a good time. Last year I took the family(4) but this year it will be just my son and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lnferno
    I've lived in Colorado Springs for the past 12 years and I've heard about this event. This is my first year that I've been into cycling/mountain biking and was thinking about doing this event. Anyone have experience with it? I'm curious to hear feedback from people that have done it.

http://www.trailsandopenspaces.org/s...t-spectacular/

(◣_◢)
    Mar 2010
    Bump for tomorrow!

Getting Fit
    Dang

I just found this post, sounds fun

(◣_◢)
    Mar 2010
    Just got back a little while ago. That was fun! I was surprised by the turnout. Probably around 1200 cyclists or so?!? I had no idea that this was such a big event. I finished just in time before it really started to rain. There was a little drizzle, but the minute I got to my car, the rain started coming down pretty good.

I'm sure it will be on the news -- saw a couple of news crews downtown filming the cyclists.