Dickhouse
    Dec 2010

St. George/Moab ride offered March 1

Hey Ya'll

I'm planning to head out to St. George, UT for a weekend of mountain biking/camping/shananigans this Friday March 1. It also happens that the Poison Spider shops Thaw 2013 is happening this weekend. I went to the Thaw last year and it is pretty amazing. You know how everything always tastes better when its free? Free bike demos, shuttles, and food!

Just wondering if anyone is trying to hitch a ride out of the Front Range this weekend. I live in Boulder, will have room for one more bike (or more with a trunk rack), single male, MTB fanatic. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Is st. george rideable right now, i was planning on heading down to moab and grandjuntion/fruita and was told there nothing rideable except a few things in moab. I was planning on leaving on thurs to sunday but canceled after calling some local shops. How far is st. george from the front range and how long you going for.

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    From all I can tell it should mostly be rideable. Weather is dry and rising as the week goes on. In moab, none of the high elev. stuff is open yet, but great rides like mag7 will probably be good. In St. George its going to be 70s and sunny by the weekend!! Everything in St. George should be good with how dry it'll be.

Im going to leave late Thursday night, as I have to work late, drive thru the night. Staying until Sunday/Monday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thats a lot of driving for only 3 days of riding, isn't st george like 9 or 10 hours away. Moab could work, where are you staying wen you go.

mtbr member
    these guys will help you out w/ st george/hurricane. class acts - Mountain Bike Hurricane, UT | OTE Sports
    The Fix Bikes

The Fix Bikes

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    I agree on the driving part. But im gonna bite the bullet to get some world-class mountain biking in when the front range is covered in snow! Let me know if you're still interested. Prolly be camping, maybe one night in hotel.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    I went to St George over Xmas break, its 9 hours.

The town itself kind of sucks, but the riding was great in my opinion, much better than Moab or Sedona. There are tons of trails and we only scratched the surface.. I think its worth the time if you have it..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fixtup View Post
    these guys will help you out w/ st george/hurricane. class acts - Mountain Bike Hurricane, UT | OTE Sports
    Thanks for the advice! I forgot OTE was down there. They were great to me in Sedona last year. I'll have to check them out!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sorry I'm out, would really like to go but thats a lot of driving for 3 days of riding, think I'm going to hit the slopes for some boarding and maybe ride on sat at lake pueblo. If you do trips like this often keep me posted i am always doing something, will be heading to grand junction and fruita as soon as it dries out if interested. Have fun