mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SS'ers that like big rides

Are there any singlespeeders around here that want to do some big rides? At least 50 miles and a minimum 5000 ft. of climbing. I like riding with gearies but it would be cool to find other rigid gearless folks to suffer with. I'm racing this weekend but I'm planning on doing something big next weekend.

Later,
    Bill

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    i'm up for it. not much this week, but i have 8 days off starting the morning of the 26th.....

with a lot of the longer high up stuff still snowy, what are you thinking? string together a bunch of lower stuff, or what?

most i've done offroad was 52mi and ~8,000ft.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A friend and I are planning a long, at least 60 miles, single speed ride this weekend in Colorado Springs. I live in Boulder but am not familiar with the trails to piece together longer rides. What were you thinking?

dlk
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Interested

Sounds like fun.

What are you thinking?

dlk

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Interested. Once things melt off higher up, I was thinking of putting together a big Sourdough/SSV/Buchanan combo. Looking at the map, you could string together a series of loops, doubling back a few times that would be pretty sweet. Like up Beaver Res Rd to SD to SSV to Brainard Lake Rd up to SSV back down to Wapiti and then loop back to catch SD and SSV back to the bottom of Beaver Res. And then you could go back up Beaver Res to SD to Buchanan (either up the fireroad and down Buchanan or do Buch as an out-and-back). And you could throw a Sourdough - Peak to Peak (or SD out-and-back) on there as well. I have no idea what the mileages would add up to but it would be fun as heck. I've done all of it, but never strung enough stuff together to make a true epic. Anyway, kind of a tangent. I'm thinking of taking the light up there on Thurs night just to check it out. Probably still a bit of snow, but I need to see for myself. Getting antsy. S

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i'm up for it. not much this week, but i have 8 days off starting the morning of the 26th.....

with a lot of the longer high up stuff still snowy, what are you thinking? string together a bunch of lower stuff, or what?

most i've done offroad was 52mi and ~8,000ft.
    Most of the long rides I know are in summit county and still snowy. I was going to connect everything around Golden, since I live there, but I'm up for suggestions. I've never done Waterton canyon up the CO trail. I guess that would be an out and back as far as we want to go, but I'm not sure about snow. We could also do the White Ranch/ Golden Gate area. I was planning on riding around 9 or 10 am on sat. 5/29. Let me know what you guys think.
    Bill

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Big Loop Ride, no snow

Ride Waterton Canyon to Indian Creek Campground, then when you come out at the campground, take the marked trail that heads off to your left. This will take you back via the Powerline trail. That's a 30-odd mile loop and lots o' climbing. If you want to make it even longer, when you come back out on the Waterton Loop trail turn left and head back up the drainage to Lenny's Rest. From there you can ride the CO Trail to the Overlook or all the way down to the river. You can read my trail review of this loop here:

http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...x.aspx#reviews