Lazy People Suck

SRAM XX cranks on El Padrino???

I just got my new SRAM XX cranks and tried to put them on my El Padrino tonight and it appears that the chainstays are too wide to fit. It is a 26/39 GXP crankset. Has anyone done this? Am I missing something? The 39 rings hits the chainstay with about 6-8mm to go on insertion of the cranks.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    I just got my new SRAM XX cranks and tried to put them on my El Padrino tonight and it appears that the chainstays are too wide to fit. It is a 26/39 GXP crankset. Has anyone done this? Am I missing something? The 39 rings hits the chainstay with about 6-8mm to go on insertion of the cranks.
    There are two different versions of that crank, a wider (166mm) Q-Factor and a narrower (156mm) Q-Factor. Assuming that you probably got the incorrect one for that frame and that you need the 166mm?? You should have measured before ordering them. See frame fit specs here... http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/...ifications.pdf

Larry
    www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry