Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Springs shuttle Labor Day weekend?

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  ibelieveinsasquatch 
#1 ·
Shawn and I are in so far, what day works and who's interested?

#27 ·
ibelieveinsasquatch said:
Hello all, never posted on here before but have been doing some research on how to get my friend and I to the top of Elk Park or Pikes on Saturday.

We will be in Manitou all weekend for a wedding and I want to do this ride with my friend Beth on Saturday. I usually shuttle it with some friends from the springs but they are all at Keystone for the race this weekend.

I live in Golden and will drive down early saturday if we can make this happen. I do have a truck that I will gladly volunteer for the greater good and we will be on big bikes.

Let me know what you think. I will check back on here tommorrow and see what's what.

I'd also like to hit up Pipeline - possibly on Sunday, early.
This looks like a go for Sat, we will be doing a canyon shuttle tho, Pipeline included, if you guys want to join us Sat that's cool.

So I say we plan on meeting at 9a at the Red Rocks park off hwy 24, leave car(s) and drive on up, bring fork up's if you have one and your on a 20mm fork. Please post and say if your planning on making it, sounds like 5-7 pep's at this point which is a perfect size group.

#28 ·
ibelieveinsasquatch said:
I really want to ride Pikes on Saturday...
This is a good thread to read regarding Pikes Peak. I trust Kristian's opinion regarding this trail. There are better options than Barr Trail, which I am assuming you would come down, unless you are going to do the Crags Trail... which should be about the same.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=332135

#36 ·
Woo - hoo!

Hey,

I apologize for holding you guys up on Saturday, we waited in the first lot for awhile and figured that you didn't show up. I didn't realize that the larger lot was just west of the first one. Hopefully we can hook up another time and do pipeline. We did Pikes from the summit on Saturday and had a blast. The top portion is pretty gnarly. It took my girl and I about 5 and a half hours. We took alot of breaks and stopped at Barr camp for about an hour.

I did it again on Sunday morning from the Summit by myself and it took me an hour and a half. Pretty much hauling ass the whole way. Kicked ass, can't wait to do it again.

Hope you all had fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.