Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Springs shuttle Labor Day weekend?

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  ibelieveinsasquatch 
#1 ·
Shawn and I are in so far, what day works and who's interested?

#2 ·
Wyoming bound. Otherwise, I'd be all over this. Make sure you get a hold of LAG... and make sure he brings his big bike this time.

#5 ·
rroeder said:
Shawn and I are in so far, what day works and who's interested?
Too much of a wus to ride 'the big ride' with us this weekend huh! Not enough shuttling involved?

You missed a very good ride indeed...4hours 20 minutes...18million feet of climbing and decending...

#6 · (Edited)
kchri said:
Too much of a wus to ride 'the big ride' with us this weekend huh! Not enough shuttling involved?

You missed a very good ride indeed...4hours 20 minutes...18million feet of climbing and decending...
Yeah yeah, I bet somehow your weekend is already booked otherwise you would make the shuttle ride right? Scared of the canyon aren't you?! :)

I would of made it if you hadn't scheduled a sunrise start, some of us don't like waking up before 6a on the weekend(sarcasm alert), actually I was not motivated at all since I had ridden, hiked or snowshoed a majority of the route, Paul called me and gave me grief so I heard it was a great ride, plus I DID do the other MH expedition a few weeks back.

#7 ·
I was not motivated at all since I had ridden, hiked or snowshoed a majority of the route, Paul called me and gave me grief so I heard it was a great ride, plus I DID do the other MH expedition a few weeks back.[/quote]

I can tell you this, you have never seen this part of the mtn and unless you ask nicely, you never will:thumbsup:
All this trail needs is a little tlc and a couple of drops to make is like something you would see in Keystone.

#8 ·
JOEMTBR COLORADO said:
I can tell you this, you have never seen this part of the mtn and unless you ask nicely, you never will:thumbsup:
All this trail needs is a little tlc and a couple of drops to make is like something you would see in Keystone.
Huh? I didn't see you there a few weeks back when we rode at least half of the route you guys rode yesterday, and I didn't see you when we snowshoed and hiked the first part of the route you guys rode yesterday.

MH comparable to Keystone? BWHAHAHAHA!! You guys and your MH fixation crack me up sometimes. Now back to the shuttle ride please, or are you scared of the canyon too? :)

#9 ·
Only if I am behind you:rolleyes:

Yeah, this sounds fun, just have to find someone to coach the football team, you able to teach a group of 9-10 year olds how to read a block and tackle?

And why do you think the canyon is so much fun, I could see it if the homocycles didn't keep ripping up cj's or there was a bypass to keep them and us off the same trails, but there is another subject just to piss you off.

#10 ·
"I can tell you this, you have never seen this part of the mtn"

-Really, how do you know?, and BTW your wrong

"and unless you ask nicely you never will"

-Uhh, not sure what to say except I could easily ride the route with Paul or Kurt, probably could find the one section of trail I haven't ridden too.

I understand you guys giving me some grief about missing the ride but don't be a dick about it, I was tryin to organize a shuttle ride which I believe most feel blows away anything on MH, if you don't like the canyon then fine, I like the canyon AND MH myself, but I have done MH a ton this season and haven't done a single shuttle ride, nor have I rode in the canyon in awhile.

#13 ·
thump said:
What time of day are you thinking? I could be in, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I get up pre-8am on a holiday weekend.
Probably meet around 9 and then drive up, attempt to miss the afternoon t-storms that are inevitable, it's an all day affair with the shuttle, probably be done by 3ish and then have to retrieve the veh's up top.

#14 ·
MH comparable to Keystone?
Yes Pablo (the guy on the fully rigid 29er single speed) had to lower his saddle several times, it was that friggin steep!!!

Paul or Kurt, probably could find the one section of trail I haven't ridden too
I probably....couldn't. And I know Kurt ain't talkin.

homocycles didn't keep ripping up cj's
funny how moto traffic doesn't change but the condition of the trail goes up and down depending on how dry it is yet the motos get blamed regardless.

If we were to eliminate the motos...who do you think would be next? the hikers or the horses?

#17 ·
ColoradoPaul said:
homocycles didn't keep ripping up cj's
funny how moto traffic doesn't change but the condition of the trail goes up and down depending on how dry it is yet the motos get blamed regardless.

If we were to eliminate the motos...who do you think would be next? the hikers or the horses?
Paul is correct. I'm weary of complaining about motos because in the eyes of the USFS and other trail users, were are one in the same. It seems that when motos get the red slash on the signs, we either get one too or receive one soon afterward. As for trail conditions, CJ's seems to be more dependent on the moisture we have received that the amount of moto traffic it sees.

I don't know exactly were the trail you kids are bickering about is... but I want to. It sounds like a freaking hoot. Is it a post-work kind of ride or much longer than that?

#20 ·
Nickle said:
Were you guys using rocket packs that day or something? I'm not following ya, kchri.
I think he's refering to the longest day of the year, the most sunlight and all, it took them over 4 hours he said earlier in the thread so no it's not an after work ride.

Well this thread has officially gone down the tubes with the drama and the MH hijack, I would rename it "MH rules" if I could :) Maybe I will just post GPS data for the loop and piss everyone off instead.

#24 ·
Mental note to self: don't miss another MH expedition due to relentless grief by fellow inflexibles

OK, Sat sounds good to me, sooo, we have myself, Shawn, LP, Kurt and maybe thump, any other inflexers? Chris- can you take a day off from Daddy duty?

I'm thinking the route that ends with Palmer/Sec 16 down to Red rocks so we can meet and leave cars at Red Rocks park off hwy 24.

thump- most guys ride their big bikes if they have one, and there is definitely some opportunity to use all the travel, there is also some climbing towards the end but it's not real steep and fine on a big bike.

#25 ·
2 more for Saturday?

Hello all, never posted on here before but have been doing some research on how to get my friend and I to the top of Elk Park or Pikes on Saturday.

We will be in Manitou all weekend for a wedding and I want to do this ride with my friend Beth on Saturday. I usually shuttle it with some friends from the springs but they are all at Keystone for the race this weekend.

I live in Golden and will drive down early saturday if we can make this happen. I do have a truck that I will gladly volunteer for the greater good and we will be on big bikes.

Let me know what you think. I will check back on here tommorrow and see what's what.

I'd also like to hit up Pipeline - possibly on Sunday, early.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.