Cynical Bystander

Springs Ride 2/5 or 2/6

I'm sick of watching all of you guys up in Denver go on group rides on and on so I'm planning one of my own.

Place: Palmer Park : Goose Gossage Skatepark : (maybe) Briargate skatepark

What: Bring both bikes, dh/fr AND that park bike. We will be riding Cobblestone, Edna Mae, Grand Outlook(true title?), as well as some other fun trails and even messing around at LazyLand. Afterwards we'll head on over to either Goose Gossage skatepark or Briargate skatepark. Goose Gossage has a fun bowl and is more spread out, and also has some djs nearby (not sure of quality). The briargate skatepark is more of a street park like XGames appears, but more condensed and is cement.

When: Saturday February 5th OR Sunday February 6th dependent on popular consensus as well as weather. Timewise, plan on meeting at the stables at 9:30.

Extras: Bring a lunch or money and try to have the whole day free for this. I figure we'll ride Palmer till around 12:30-2ish, pick up some lunch and then hit the skatepark. For you Denver/Boulderites who make the journey down, if you guys bring multiple bikes and don't want to leave them at your cars at Palmer we can stick them in my garage and pick them up when we go hit up the skatepark.

This'll give you guys a chance to check out my super cool bikes and "street skills" . . Just kidding. But it'll be a fun time. Obviously the ride is aimed more towards freeriding, downhilling and skatepark riding but don't worry I'm sure that we'll be climbing Palmer a few times. I'm not afraid to anymore but of course I won't turn down a shuttle ride either. If anybody needs driving instructions just ask, or if you want to just do one part and not the other feel free to post and get phone numbers so you know about what time we'll be at one and not the other.

Tony
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I'm sick of watching all of you guys up in Denver go on group rides on and on so I'm planning one of my own.

Place: Palmer Park : Goose Gossage Skatepark : (maybe) Briargate skatepark

What: Bring both bikes, dh/fr AND that park bike. We will be riding Cobblestone, Edna Mae, Grand Outlook(true title?), as well as some other fun trails and even messing around at LazyLand. Afterwards we'll head on over to either Goose Gossage skatepark or Briargate skatepark. Goose Gossage has a fun bowl and is more spread out, and also has some djs nearby (not sure of quality). The briargate skatepark is more of a street park like XGames appears, but more condensed and is cement.

When: Saturday February 5th OR Sunday February 6th dependent on popular consensus as well as weather. Timewise, plan on meeting at the stables at 9:30.

Extras: Bring a lunch or money and try to have the whole day free for this. I figure we'll ride Palmer till around 12:30-2ish, pick up some lunch and then hit the skatepark. For you Denver/Boulderites who make the journey down, if you guys bring multiple bikes and don't want to leave them at your cars at Palmer we can stick them in my garage and pick them up when we go hit up the skatepark.

This'll give you guys a chance to check out my super cool bikes and "street skills" . . Just kidding. But it'll be a fun time. Obviously the ride is aimed more towards freeriding, downhilling and skatepark riding but don't worry I'm sure that we'll be climbing Palmer a few times. I'm not afraid to anymore but of course I won't turn down a shuttle ride either. If anybody needs driving instructions just ask, or if you want to just do one part and not the other feel free to post and get phone numbers so you know about what time we'll be at one and not the other.

Tony
    i might go but i might not, depending on how my bike is doing. today i just messed the front brakr housing and need to get it re-lined and filled. also it had better be worth it because my last journey down there wasn't ("Bad day" thread) and i dont have much of a park bike.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    i might go but i might not, depending on how my bike is doing. today i just messed the front brakr housing and need to get it re-lined and filled. also it had better be worth it because my last journey down there wasn't ("Bad day" thread) and i dont have much of a park bike.
    We'd probably be riding just about the same things at Palmer that we did with Rocky and keaton when I busted my foot.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    im down for sunday morning riding but sunday is superhole so i will be in front of the boob toob drinkin burr

dwj
    mtbr member
    we've got a group ride of sorts going on today if anyone is interested. meeting at the jumps on 26th street at 10am, then into the canon.