Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Moderator Moderator

Spring 2013 - Post your local trail conditions or ask questions here :

OK, after 71 pages of the old one "Post up your trail conditions" , I'm starting a new Spring 2013 trail conditions thread.

Here at the Niner Bikes Fort Collins headquarters we have at least 15"-18" of snow on the weather deck with another 3-6" forecasted for 4/17. Hopefully this will give us the needed moisture so we don't have the super dry conditions of last year but we are DONE riding for at least 10 days.

Post up your conditions or questions of what is good to ride in this thread!

Cheers,

Brett
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring 2013 - Post your local trail conditions or ask questions here :-20130416_083943.jpg  

Spring 2013 - Post your local trail conditions or ask questions here :-20130416_145225.jpg  

Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Pretty much looks like my backyard too. Live south side of Ft Collins. Thinking a trip to Pueblo or back to Fruita within the next two weeks is in store.

Climbs = necessary evil
    Same here in Lakewood. Pueblo might be pretty busy this weekend!

Any suggestions for something fast and flowy down there around 15-20 miles? Training for 18 hrs of Fruita and need to get in some longer rides this weekend but have never been there before.

The Original Suspect
    I am thinking Arizona is in order!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    I am thinking Arizona is in order!
    Watch the video posted in the AM section?

The Original Suspect
    I saw that! Great vid! I was in Az a couple weeks ago. I go every chance I get I lived in the metro Phx area for over 20 yrs.

mtbr member
    Yea that vid looked sweet...

back on topic, snowing fairly consistently in ft collins again

slow
    Lory State Park is set to re-open Saturday for the first time since the Galena fire. The West Valley, East Valley, and east side of the South Valley loop will remain closed due to bridges that were burned, but this leaves the west side of the South Valley loop to complete loop rides using Mill Creek in Horsetooth Mountain Open Space and for loops around the reservoir. There was no mention of closures on Timber, Kimmons, or Howard, so they will likely be open as well.
    Obviously the snow we are getting means that conditions will not allow biking in Lory for a while, but when things dry out we will have some additional options that we have not had for several weeks.

Now older but less slow!

Well Louisville got over 15inches of snow and it just started to snow again tonight.

So you can forget riding the South Boulder trails: Marshall Mesa, Flatirons and Springbrook for a while.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerfromco View Post
    Same here in Lakewood. Pueblo might be pretty busy this weekend!

Any suggestions for something fast and flowy down there around 15-20 miles? Training for 18 hrs of Fruita and need to get in some longer rides this weekend but have never been there before.
    Pueblo State Park. You can easily get 20+ miles of flowy trail there.

sgltrak - thanks for the Lory update, that's great news. I was tired of slogging around the south side of the reservoir.

Now older but less slow!
    Question?

If the mods are going to start a new trails thread can't it not be broken up into separate threads for different areas so it is less unwieldy?

How about (from a latitude perspective):
    - Colorado Springs
    - Castle Rock
    - Golden / Denver
    - Boulder / Lyons
    - Fort Collins

??

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Interesting idea, I like the convenient of having one thread per area. On the other hand, it might result in many sticky threads, plus I like reading and seeing pictures about nearby trails.

Subscribed.
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    I saw that! Great vid! I was in Az a couple weeks ago. I go every chance I get I lived in the metro Phx area for over 20 yrs.
    You'd hate it right now....was a blustery 75 today......

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Leave it as-is.... most people on the Front Range ride in multiple places depending on the weather and conditions, so it makes sense to have everything in one spot. Besides, it's easy and quick to scroll through to read about different trails.

Climbs = necessary evil
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Leave it as-is.... most people on the Front Range ride in multiple places depending on the weather and conditions, so it makes sense to have everything in one spot. Besides, it's easy and quick to scroll through to read about different trails.
    +1 And I learn about trails I haven't ridden before by scrolling through this all in one place.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I agree, keep it as is.

gotta get up to get down
    Spring 2013 - Post your local trail conditions or ask questions here :-snowy_springs.jpg

plans for night riding are looking grim... forecast shows no signs of slowing & heavy winds, oh well time to bundle up and crush some grus!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I live between Golden Gate State Park and Walker Ranch. We've had about two feet of snow since Monday, and more today and tonight. There won't be any riding at either place for at least a week, and that would be if we had some magical 70 degree days between now and then.

Moab is looking good, but you'd better plan on camping unless you don't mind paying $130/night for a "cheap" motel this weekend.

The hot rod show in Moab is the last weekend of April, and your lodging choices that weekend are the Holiday Inn for $200 a night or the Best Western for - I'm not kidding - $400!

Crazy.

Team Velveeta™
    Most everything below about 9,000 in the immediate area around Salida was good to go earlier this month. We have gotten a fair amount of slush this week. I'd say below 8,000 will be dry (well, hero dirt) by the weekend but I'm guessing that the stuff above that will be set back for a while.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    Question?

If the mods are going to start a new trails thread can't it not be broken up into separate threads for different areas so it is less unwieldy?

- Colorado Springs
    - Castle Rock
    - Golden / Denver
    - Boulder / Lyons
    - Fort Collins

??
    People simply need to learn to use the [CTRL]-F function in their browser. No need for 6 sticky trail condition threads...
    Last edited by SkaredShtles; 04-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Now older but less slow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    Question?

- Colorado Springs
    - Castle Rock
    - Golden / Denver
    - Boulder / Lyons
    - Fort Collins

??
    Okay from the feedback, leave it as is.

I would agree that for those in "transitional" areas it could be more of a pain than benefit.

Perhaps one day I'll ride in the Spings area and I'll know what the trails are like b

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    As of 5PM 4/17 this is my front yard

slow
    Lory State Park has published a map of trails that will be open when the park re-opens from the fire. Looks like Timber / Kimmons loops and Timber / Kimmons / Howard loops will be possible using the park service road (once the snow melts and things dry out).
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    buffalo crk by sunday? hoping, wishing, praying.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Lots of heavy, very wet snow up here in Evergreen - gonna be pretty muddy this weekend. LOTB this morning:

Spring 2013 - Post your local trail conditions or ask questions here :-springsnow.jpg

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast