Known Mountainbiker

Spinning in Breckenridge

Taking a vacation in Breck next week and wanted to know if [big "if"] I start to go thru saddle withdraw, is there a place in town where I can go to get my spin on?

Caz (via Eugene, Or)
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

skillz to pay billz
    Please just ski or snowboard, pref. the latter

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Breck Rec Center ($10/day) probably has a few spin bikes. Instead, just ski harder or go snowshoeing, xc skiing, etc.

skillz to pay billz

Known Mountainbiker
    Thanks. Cross training; right. It's ok to take a week off the bike; I'm sure people do it all the time.

Well, if you see a non-local (w/o cowboy boots) sitting at the breck brewery bar spinning phantom cranks, that's me. Pat me on the back and assure me that everything will be ok.

Caz

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Breck rec center has spinning bikes and spinning classes several times a week.

Known Mountainbiker
    Thanks for the replies. Didn't miss the saddle. Wow, Breck sure has a lot of dog-doo on the sidewalks.

I've been telling folks back here that dropping into easy steet and nine lives has trumped every mtb descent I've ever taken up to date. Powder would have been nice but the weather was perfect.

Thanks again
    Caz

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thats because not only the owners believe it, now the dogs of breck think their sh!t doesn't stink..

wow who would have thought..

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Emerging dog turd season in the high country.

Turds don't stink to dogs dude, they think they're the doggie telegaraph.
    Last edited by zrm; 03-31-2008 at 11:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Head over to the Frisco Nordic Center and go for a skate ... that'll get your lungs opened up ... the Breck Nordic enter is nice - but Frisco is a bit more wide open and when you get back home the extra blood cells will have you kickin' serious booty!

Enjoy
    S
    "You know how they make aluminum bike frames? They take steel and suck out all the soul..."

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Frisco has the best overall Nordic skiing in the County IMO although Breck, Keystone and Gold run all have good skiing and pluses. If you really want to work hard, climb 'Gluteus Maximus at Breck to the Siberian Loop. They only groom up there a couple times a week, but it's the biggest groomed hill in the county. At Gold Run, they groom Gold Run Road up to the old Preston townsite, a familiar spot to many Mountain bikers and a loop above it. Adventure Nordic skiing!

Frisco has great black loops though. Buzz Saw and Jodie's offer something like a total of 15-16 K of expert skinny skiing and usually great grooming. Frisco bay is one of my favorite intermediate loops anywhere. Nice cruising with enough interesting features to keep you on your toes and heart rate up.

In fact, this is making me want to put on my skate boots and head out the door!