mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! sourdough / camp dick / st. vrain -- dry?

was gonna head south and hit buffalo creek tomorrow, but now i'm thinking i may go north and try some riding along sourdough before the forecasted snowfall on tuesday.

is that area rideable (not under snow) currently?

thanks.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    was gonna head south and hit buffalo creek tomorrow, but now i'm thinking i may go north and try some riding along sourdough before the forecasted snowfall on tuesday.

is that area rideable (not under snow) currently?

thanks.

shoot, i'm thinking it'll be at least another month before it's good to go, maybe more. i'm anxious for it, too. some of my favourite stuff, and very quick for me to get to. s'why i tend to ride more up there than in the nederland area.

i'm sure some of the folks who live closer up will chime in and let us know...... (hint, hint)
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Bad Case of the Mondays
    A friend of mine snowshoed up there a week to 10 days ago and said "there is a lot of snow". Even though its been warm this past week, I can't imagine it would have melted out.

As nice as it is to have all this stuff open right now, I'd like to get some moisture to help the trails in the months that are really hot & dry that are headed our way. We really need some moisture.

mtbr member

rats...

well, thanks for the update. guess i'll try buffalo creek after all.

(i know moisture is good; i'm just impatient).
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

VooDoo user.
    Though we have had some warm weather there were a few days this week that were quite chilly. The West mag trails aren't even open yet. Just hiked the hobbit/habit trail today and there were many spots that still had snow. Sourdough is usually the same.

Few more weeks.
    Last edited by TIMBERRR; 04-21-2006 at 09:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

anecdotal evidence

I was not there, but close. I rode up to Caribou today (Saturday), which is at about 10,000 feet. There are lots of snow drifts in the open areas, probably more in the trees. Looking over at Niwot Ridge (roughly above Sourdough) there is snow on the south facing slopes in the open, and I would guess that there is more in the trees. Probably need two weeks to a month before it is rideable, all depending on the temps up there.

Steve

trail waggler

Well, since Jugdish is AWOL...

I'll try to do some recon tomorrow. I suspect a fair amount of snow, increasing as one aproaches Brainard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    "I suspect a fair amount of snow, increasing as one aproaches Brainard."- although I haven't been on the SD yet this year I'd suspect this as well. I rode Bunce yesterday and as I got closer to CD>CPV the snow amounts on the road were surprising. I saw a few tire tracks up BP and can't believe that it's anywhere near ready yet. Hey, stay off it till it dries, huh?! The CSV was clear up to Millers Rock as of Thursday but with the rain/snow overnight it'll need a couple of days at least once the precip ends. That is literally all I know.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

VooDoo user.
    Nederrland just got snow. Would not doubt if sourdough recieved some too.

Its cold again!!!!