mtbr member
    Sep 2003

something doesnt smell right in the springs...

Ok, so a few weeks back I was driving down Nevada just about to I-25, if you know Colorado Springs you will know this as a pretty sketchy area, and I see what appeared to be homeless guy riding a pretty nice Yet 575. I thought to myself, now that’s something you don’t see every day. Ok, before anyone jumps all over me about my sensitivity to the homeless or that I am stereotyping, the area I saw him in is nothing more than a refuge park for the homeless. Trust me I live right next to it in an “up and coming” area.

Ok, so today I am on my way home for lunch and there is another, what appeared to be, homeless gentleman carrying 3 sacks of cans over a pretty nice red Santa Cruz Blur and wait for it… clipless pedals.

Ok, so when did the homeless start riding such nice bikes in the springs?

Are people donating the bikes or are they well you know, “borrowing them from garages”.

Team Inflexible
    I would have traded them for a bottle booze or maybe some crack....

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffken
    something doesnt smell right in the springs...
    It's nickle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Didnt think of that. Man, let me leave work and go find them again. Wait, where do you get crack? From the same person I am trading right?

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    It's nickle.
    No, it wasnt nickle. I have met nickle. Close but no.

Human Crayon
    There is actually quite a fair amount of bike theft here in the springs. People living in the downtown area have garages that open towards the alleys. Leave that door open and go grab a snack and someone wanders up the alley, grabs and goes. My co-workers dog went after one of them that was climbing over all the junk in his garage to get at what he wanted.

I see these guys riding the bike path right alongside of my job on 24 and I know the hood you are in....we just ate at taste of philly. Gonna have to pay closer attention to the rides these guys are sporting.
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    Didnt think of that. Man, let me leave work and go find them again. Wait, where do you get crack? From the same person I am trading right?
    "Just intoduce me to just one crack dealer I have good networking skill"

Quote Samir from Office Space

leashem
    Some of those guys make a good living panhandling all day ( serious)
    I should hang out down there and see if I cant trade the pain meds from my last oral surgery?
    12 hydrocodone/acetaminophen = 1 Sant cruz blur...hmmm
    I might even throw in my 5 year old Schwinn Mesa GSX and the pillls?

OK seriously where is taste of philly?

Human Crayon
    Taste of Philly
    1634 S Nevada Ave
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...h&z=17&iwloc=A

You have to park around the back of the place. The motel / halfway house/ I don't know what....is a little sketchy and borders the backend of the lot, so you might wanna make sure you aren't toting anything on racks or leave iPods laying around in the car...things like that. I haven't had any issues and the steaks are damn good.
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sleestak
    Taste of Philly
    1634 S Nevada Ave

You have to park around the back of the place. The motel / halfway house/ I don't know what....is a little sketchy and borders the backend of the lot, so you might wanna make sure you aren't toting anything on racks or leave iPods laying around in the car...things like that. I haven't had any issues and the steaks are damn good.
    Also next to the cheapest dry cleaners in town.

Team Inflexible
    Also next to the cheapest dry cleaners in town.
    Hey thats the cleaners I use. The motels behind the cleaners and TOP are super scetchy behind there. You can get some interesting things for 20 dollars.

the funny part about this part of town is its minutes away from the Broadmoor

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    And I thought this was about that sweet sewer smell along the Greenway Bikepath.
    I bet those nice bikes a just part of City Council's plan to make C. Springs more upscale.
    You have to be rich here now "you might be able to afford a $3,000 bike but you still can't afford a home."- Mayor Lionel.

Your retarded
    No, it wasnt nickle. I have met nickle. Close but no.
    I get that a lot. I'm sure it'd help if I actually spend a portion of my income on clothes that are socially acceptable rather than bike parts. Hmmm....
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    I had a Yeti ARC stolen in the Springs a few years back. They ripped it right off the locked rack on top of my car at lunch, in broad daylight and with a lot of other people around. I'm not saying it is a hotbed for bike theft, but it's the only bike I have ever had stolen.

leashem
    Quote Originally Posted by sleestak
    Taste of Philly
    1634 S Nevada Ave

Thanks for the info.
    CY's on Uintah has a good Philly cheese steak but I am always looking for other options.