Rocket Scientist

Someone missing a Yeti 4x?

NO ONE. in their right minds scrubs the paint off of a Yeti...
    UNLESS it's stolen or was built that way. and for $950.00?

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/1012161378.html

suspicious to anyone else?

mtbr member
    Good point. It does seem a little sketchy because it looks like the chainguide and fork accents were colored to match that unique yeti paint job. Why else would you get a teal chainguide? I guess you never know though. And since when did "long" become a size?
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    Good point. It does seem a little sketchy because it looks like the chainguide and fork accents were colored to match that unique yeti paint job. Why else would you get a teal chainguide? I guess you never know though. And since when did "long" become a size?
    I think it's sketchy because of the "raw" color. Who gets rid of the fancy Yeti paint unless it's scandalous. I have had 3 Yeti's in my day thus far. Trust me, I'd never get rid of the paint.

About the bike:
    1. Teal Chain guide rollers can be bought from yeti. it goes with the whole Yeti Scheme.
    2. Long is a size Yeti makes in the 4x. They make 2 sizes. Long and Short. So it is a Factory size. Not a guess.

I dunno still seems sketchy to me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    I think it's sketchy because of the "raw" color. Who gets rid of the fancy Yeti paint unless it's scandalous. I have had 3 Yeti's in my day thus far. Trust me, I'd never get rid of the paint.

About the bike:
    1. Teal Chain guide rollers can be bought from yeti. it goes with the whole Yeti Scheme.
    2. Long is a size Yeti makes in the 4x. They make 2 sizes. Long and Short. So it is a Factory size. Not a guess.

I dunno still seems sketchy to me...
    Yeah I agree with you. Plus everyone who has a yeti wants everyone to know that they have a yeti.

1. Why get the teal guides if you were going to strip the paint?
    2. Fair enough. That's funny about the sizes though.

The decals were removed from the fork and shock as well it looks like.

Plus like you said, that's damn cheap for a Yeti, even used.

Now that I think about it, that's a pretty random wheel combination as well. XT w/ Mavic and a Deore w/ Rhyno Lite? Really?
    LMB

Pivot Rider

Dunno...

Whoever is selling this knows about bikes and parts. Typically the "owner" of a stolen bike doesn't know peanuts. I think its legit, imho..... (even if the dude totally violated the bike by denuding it from its Yeti trademark paint).
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    Whoever is selling this knows about bikes and parts. Typically the "owner" of a stolen bike doesn't know peanuts. I think its legit, imho..... (even if the dude totally violated the bike by denuding it from its Yeti trademark paint).
    Maybe so, but he's a really eccentric individual to almost completely strip and debadge a yeti and all its components, not to mention the odd wheel combination. It's speculation either way, but if they're legit, they're a strange breed of biker.
    LMB

Pivot Rider
    Maybe so, but he's a really eccentric individual to almost completely strip and debadge a yeti and all its components, not to mention the odd wheel combination. It's speculation either way, but if they're legit, they're a strange breed of biker.
    I agree that he may be strange, however no one in their right mind would steal a Yeti in an area known for their love for the bike and then try to resell it in Yeti's hometown. Seriously, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense! The dude would totally be called out if it were a stolen bike.....
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    There was a long 4x I saw a few times early last year with a spray can black finish, maybe he/she just stripped that paint off?

<100%
    We raced with a guy a Keystone DS two seasons ago that had covered his 4x with a black spray can. Frankly it looked better. I hate that teal color. It ranks right up there with SC Orange - distinctive but garish.

percocet pioneer.
    Is it hard to ride 4x without grips?

Awesomist™
    That bike is more than likely the same bike that was raced in the MSC last year that was rattle-canned black. The owner works in the warehouse at Yeti, which is gonna explain the teal rollers, knowledge of the bike, as well as the funky, mismatched parts kit... ever notice how a lot of "bike shop mechanics" are all on a budget and end up with the weirdest mix of parts on their bike? They just put stuff together from what they have laying around...

As for hating the Yeti turquoise, it's all personal preference I suppose. It's like Bianchi celeste and Scuba Yellow - distinctive colors identified with a particular brand. You love it, hate it, hate loving it, or love to hate it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    That bike is more than likely the same bike that was raced in the MSC last year that was rattle-canned black. The owner works in the warehouse at Yeti, which is gonna explain the teal rollers, knowledge of the bike, as well as the funky, mismatched parts kit... ever notice how a lot of "bike shop mechanics" are all on a budget and end up with the weirdest mix of parts on their bike? They just put stuff together from what they have laying around...

As for hating the Yeti turquoise, it's all personal preference I suppose. It's like Bianchi celeste and Scuba Yellow - distinctive colors identified with a particular brand. You love it, hate it, hate loving it, or love to hate it.
    I don't know. Most bike shop mechanics get 3 thousand dollar bikes for fifteen hundred.
    LMB

percocet pioneer.
    I don't know. Most bike shop mechanics get 3 thousand dollar bikes for fifteen hundred.
    It's getting that 1500 that's the hard part for mechanics..

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    It's getting that 1500 that's the hard part for mechanics..
    Exactly!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Hey thats my bike! just kiddin! I'd like to know if this is a real deal

guy with the 4X
    WOW! its good to see the bike community looking after each other. The bike IS NOT STOLEN! I perched it on proform from Yeti in 07, I did not like the turquoise and yellow so I painted it flat black. I now work for Yeti and have many bikes, I stripped the paint with the intent of having it custom painted, but my plans have changed. I am now selling it built up with parts had kicking around. Yes the price is low, but most people shopping for bikes want “as new”, and this bike is not “as new”. So with that said, I have a complete 07 Yeti 4X for sale $950 size Long.
    And yes I am a little strange, and it now has grips, thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasdave307
    WOW! its good to see the bike community looking after each other. The bike IS NOT STOLEN! I perched it on proform from Yeti in 07, I did not like the turquoise and yellow so I painted it flat black. I now work for Yeti and have many bikes, I stripped the paint with the intent of having it custom painted, but my plans have changed. I am now selling it built up with parts had kicking around. Yes the price is low, but most people shopping for bikes want “as new”, and this bike is not “as new”. So with that said, I have a complete 07 Yeti 4X for sale $950 size Long.
    And yes I am a little strange, and it now has grips, thanks.
    Cool. Glad to hear everything is on the up and up. I guess you have to understand where everyone comes from. Bikes get stolen all the time and end up on craigslist, ebay, or parted out. I can understand you not liking the colors. Thanks for clarifying. Btw, out of curiousity, how'd you find out about this thread?
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 02-20-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    LMB

guy with the 4X
    I fully understand, I have had bikes ripped off and parted out (reason #2 for the black paint / stripped paint, no one is going to rip off a bike that looks like it was already stolen).

One of our sales guys found it.