A Guy Who is Going Places

Some trail conditions.

I went out to Alderfer today. There was some decent enough riding to be had out there. Ponderosa, Sisters and Hidden Fawn were all in rideable shape. Some snow, but nothing that provided any impediments. Silver Fox was fairly snow packed, especially at the northern junction with Ponderosa. Homestead and the Meadow Trail were marginally snowy, and everything to the south of the road was very snow packed. I tried going up West Evergreen Mtn trail first, but that became impassible, I turned around and tried East Evergreen Mtn, as that is usually less snowy, but it was still hard going. I headed back and did a few loops of Ponderosa/Sisters/Hidden and called it good.

On the way back I drove past Lair O' the Bear, no surprise, it looked unrideable. Dakota Ridge/Red Rocks looked like a mud fest too. There was a red tongue of mud across the highway at the southern terminus of Dakota, left from bikers and hikers coming off the ridge and crossing into Red Rocks. Further up I passed a guy pedaling up the highway, he looked pretty mud caked. For the sake of that trail, and Red Rocks I'd recommend steering clear for the next few days and letting them dry.

a few pics:

A li'l timer self portrait. See what it comes to when I don't have anyone to ride with?!?

The aftermath of a successful trials hop switchback negotiation.

Evans, from that snowy intersection.
    http://www.anthonysloan.com

Isaiah 15:5

There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.

mtbr member

Good job!

Anthony,

Thank you.

old skool newbie

Good job! here comes da sun

thanks for the update, I was debating wether to use my piddly 3 hours comp time on Thursday afternoon when its supposed to get to 68'. Guess the trails won't be clear up that way. I'll look elsewhere...

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    thanks for the update, I was debating wether to use my piddly 3 hours comp time on Thursday afternoon when its supposed to get to 68'. Guess the trails won't be clear up that way. I'll look elsewhere...
    Yep, I was hoping to ride on Thursday afternoon as well, but I think its going to be a mud bath then. I rode up the Boulder Creek multi-use path today at lunch hoping to check out Betasso to see how long it would be mudded up, but the path was so wet with snow melting that I never made it all the way to the trail. It was evident the trail would still be very wet.

I decided to ride the road back down to town, which I think was probably the wrong decision. 30mph and wet roads sent road grime spray all over me.....

Thanks for the update Anthony, and lets all try to give some trail conditions updates if/when we get out. Sure would be nice to find somewhere that is rideable for the great weather.

Addicted
    Probably not the "trail" that people are looking for, but I rode the C470/South Platte bike path between C470 and Lucent, up to Hamden Avenue this afternoon. I rode my FS expecting a lot of snow to wade through...but really no need for concern. Was all clear, although a fair amount of meltoff was covering the trail making it a bit wet. Anyway, if you just want to get some pedal time before the weekend (when I am praying things are dryer)...it might be an option.

My cup runneth over
    Oddly enough, I think Green Mountain will be rideable Thursday. Usually one of the muddiest trails, the snow coverage was thin last Saturday. Sunday hardly any snow was visible (although the singletrack 'looked' half-muddy). Due to its 'open' nature I think it will be rideable Thursday PM (with the exception of the less-popular north side). I live within half a mile and these are my drive-by observations . Don't plan on riding it myself until Saturday though... If you go, post back and let us know for future reference!

Good luck.