Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I heart the drops

some new bling thanks ups

So I get home and a couple boxes are waiting at my doorstep thanks to the man in the big brown truck.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 008.jpg
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like some heavy-duty stuff. Let's see the chassis these components are going on.

I heart the drops

It should be here next week

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice. This thing will be indestructible and probably pedal quite well for the travel.

..ouch
    Very nice, Nate. Really diggin' that frame.

I heart the drops
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    Very nice, Nate. Really diggin' that frame.
    we will have to switch sometime when I get it in.

Your retarded
    Hey, that's not a used post production frame. Lucky. Did Chris and Lance sell you some previous overstock from their warehouse?

BTW, fine choice. Not too many Canfields on the front range. Good to see another.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

I heart the drops
    It's Lance's / Chris's bike actually hence the extra skull sticker. Don't think I forgot about you this thing is going to beat it up in the springs.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam
    It's Lance's / Chris's bike actually hence the extra skull sticker. Don't think I forgot about you this thing is going to beat it up in the springs.
    Excellent. If it's Lance's/Chris' bike, it's a large, right? I just so happens that a large would fit. I recommend that you should check out my PUSHed Balance too. Should be a totally different bike, but if confident it'll put a smile on your face.

Interesting history about my Canfield: according to Chris, my XL Canfield is the only Balance in that size they have ever sold.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

I heart the drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Excellent. If it's Lance's/Chris' bike, it's a large, right? I just so happens that a large would fit. I recommend that you should check out my PUSHed Balance too. Should be a totally different bike, but if confident it'll put a smile on your face.

Interesting history about my Canfield: according to Chris, my XL Canfield is the only Balance in that size they have ever sold.
    Yeah it's a large I will remember not to cut the seatpost until after you have ridden it. They are sending it with DHX 5.

simple
    Nice! I love those Canfields

..ouch
    Yeah it's a large I will remember not to cut the seatpost until after you have ridden it. They are sending it with DHX 5.
    Now it's on you to ensure that it receives the same type of riding it's been accustomed to.
    One_Handed_Mushroom.jpg

Thread Terrorist
    Nice looking frame! I have really taken a likin' to those frames! I like Nickle's, and now you? Hmmm.... Perhaps I should sell something for one of them!

IE

..ouch
    Btw.. I still have to argue with your build. I think the versatility of that bike deserves some dual rings up front. It should climb quite nicely.

Thread Terrorist
    Btw.. I still have to argue with your build. I think the versatility of that bike deserves some dual rings up front. It should climb quite nicely.
    AGREED!

You should seriously consider a dual ring setup. Youl could take that bike everywhere! I'd make that my new XC bike!

I heart the drops
    nah just a 34t if I want to climb I will bring the stumpy

..ouch
    nah just a 34t if I want to climb I will bring the stumpy
    Pssht. This bike just made the stumpy irrelevant.. Sell it and toss on some Hones and a DRS for relatively cheap. Plus it'll just make it more to my liking while I borrow it for the summer.

I heart the drops
    Pssht. This bike just made the stumpy irrelevant.. Sell it and toss on some Hones and a DRS for relatively cheap. Plus it'll just make it more to my liking while I borrow it for the summer.
    Hah I have a drs wanna buy it? I specifically wanted a single ring on this one because that drs use to downshift whenever it wanted to. Yeah that and I can shuttle marshall mesa on this Yeah the waiting for the frame is killing me. I am going to blow the doors off the haro it replaced.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Hah I have a drs wanna buy it? I specifically wanted a single ring on this one because that drs use to downshift whenever it wanted to. Yeah that and I can shuttle marshall mesa on this Yeah the waiting for the frame is killing me. I am going to blow the doors off the haro it replaced.
    Nice bike.... what do you want for the drs?

I think a dual ring would be sweet on the Canny, but it'll have a lot of pedal feedback climbing. That bike will be overkill for most trails, but not all...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    but it'll have a lot of pedal feedback climbing.
    Could we please have a thread without arm chair engineering. That's what the DH and AM forum are for.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Living the High Life
    Oh, and I want to see a full build of that bike, looks great.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Your retarded
    I'm going to put forth a vote for a single ring setup. The vertical support on the drive side in the rear triangle does not offer much chain clearance for dual rings. This was true at least for my Balance. Granny gear would rub that vertical support like nobody's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Could we please have a thread without arm chair engineering. That's what the DH and AM forum are for.
    I find that with a dual ring, the Canfield Lucky with its extreme rearward axle path, is going to ride more like fake boobs than a bike with extreme pedal feedback. With a larger single ring, the pedal feedback will be more like real boobs. There is clearly a difference, but we're talking boobs here; you can't go wrong.

I heart the drops
    I have to agree with nickle I like boobs

Stiff yet compliant
    Real boobs vs fake boobs is a favorite topic of mine. Probably because it involves boobs.
    Boob test. *NSFW*
    I got 16 right.

Thread Terrorist
    real or fake... I don't care!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast